Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Phones are poo poo

3CX just announced their softphone desktop client has been compromised and recommend all customers uninstall it estate wide.
Fortunately we only have a few users on it because the main rollout has been delayed again and again. Now it will be quietly dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

When my schedule's unpredictable a smart thermostat is very useful compared to a timer. I don't heat an empty flat or come home to a freezing one.
Other things I can do without. I could turn my roomba on remotely but I won't. Not since the time my cat shat on the floor and the roomba smeared it all over the place. There are so many nooks and crannies on the underside of a roomba you have to pick cat poo poo out of.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

We have sites in Iceland and kit is expensive over there, so my boss had the bright idea of swapping some UK laptop keyboards with Icelandic ones. Should be simple, right?

Nope!

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

In fairness to him, I've never seen a laptop model where swapping out a keyboard was such a mission and I'm talking 4 machines not dozens. I probably wouldn't have read the owners manual before ordering the keyboards either. Plus I find working on hardware somehow soothing.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

ssb posted:

Ireland isn’t even close to the arctic circle, what are you on about?

It's technically twilight in Ireland (and here in Scotland) through the night around the summer solstice.
Still dark though. Just enough light that you don't get a good view of the stars.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

My kitchen clock is my only device that doesn't auto adjust for daylight saving and is usually the only reason I know it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

klosterdev posted:

New Outlook is trash and Microsoft should be ashamed for alpha testing it with the public when it's not yet even feature complete by a mile.

Until a couple weeks ago, directly opening a .eml file just produced a popup saying the feature wasn't available yet