Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: [SPAM] FW: RE: The logs could do with a courtesy flush FINAL(2) - USE THIS
Date: Sun, Jan 1 2023 12:34:15

Can you remove me from this email chain please? I no longer wish to receive these types of messages especially while I am on vacation.

On 01/01/2023 11:55 AM, Geemer wrote:
> On 01/01/2023 11:46 AM, chin up everything sucks wrote:
>>I'm Replying All because I don't know who should be informed of this, and CCing
>>the entire org chart. The old thread was a huge headache, I hated it and much
>>prefer this new streamlined single page thread. Anyone who used the old thread
>>is an idiot.
>>
>
>Guys, stop using reply all!
>Also %colleague% is not able to load the new thread ever since he decided to trim
>the excess slack on the wires coming from his hard drive monitor. He did a real
>tidy job of duct taping the ends back together again, so that can't be the issue.
>It's the server mainframe maybe down?
>
>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

AlexDeGruven posted:

Our children will never get to experience the hilarity and rage of a good old fashioned Reply All storm.

I was involved in stopping one about 3 years back so they do still happen in our modern computing age. Some dude was spamming a list with like 30k users on it (that someone did not restrict who could send mail to) with a O365 email OTP decryption link. The email would go to the group with a link and anytime someone clicked the link it would generate another email to the group. This happened over and over and over for a good hour as people on the list just blindly clicked something they shouldn't have. I guess I'm just happy it wasn't a phishing attempt.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Renegret posted:

I have a ticket here from an honest to god Sovereign Citizen

I'm going to enjoy telling this guy to gently caress off in a half dozen different ways.

My sovcit (and Nazi) coworker got fired and then proceeded to sue everyone up the chain from my boss to governor, wrote some insane multi-page manifestos, claimed a 9mi square area as his own country called New Israel and declared himself to be the King of Israel, moved to Texas, got super into tarot card readings and numerology (???), bought a bunch of guns, then posted on Twitter that he was heading back to the state to kill Jewish governmental officials. Then proceeded to head back to the state with all his guns.

Anyway the feds have him now and he was denied bail!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Thanks Ants posted:

You'd think that posting about how you were heading off to a place to kill people and then going there with your guns would result in a charge sticking but these are fun times

Oh he's been charged. Interstate transmission of a threat with hate crime enhancement. I think it's 5yrs max. My boss got briefed by the FBI about this since I guess he was on the guy's hit list. It is, frankly, kinda scary! I am following his case with great interest and hope if/when he gets out he will have forgotten all about me.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Renegret posted:

what the hell why do you have the most insane stories

Just #blessed I guess

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Much like printers, phones are another thing I was responsible for in a previous job that I have entirely erased from my resume and will deny having any knowledge of if asked to ever support them again.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Here's my printer:

It lives in the closet until I need to print something and then I pull it out, plug it in, print, then put it away again. The plastic piece that holds the paper drawer closed broke, otherwise it still works great. Drivers still work on Windows 11 too. My only printer for close to 20 years now, inshallah it will last another 20 and I never have to own a networked printer.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oh hell yeah, congrats!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

weird, all I see is *******

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

MIL gave me her old laptop to cover into a Chromebook for my children. It has only 32GB hdd and 4GB of ram. Stuck on Win8 because the Win10 upgrade fails due to the small hdd. Sounds like a fun project to me. Is it doable?

Just go to Best Buy and buy this Chromebook (or a better one) instead. Drop the MIL's old laptop in the electronics recycling bin on your way in there.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Happiness Commando posted:

Speaking of printers! I've got a personal brother laser that's got an inch wide stripe on the right that is grayer than it should be. I've tried cleaning the corona wire. Should I buy a new drum? $80 is a lot for what was a free printer

It's probably the drum but I bet you can get it cheaper than $80 at https://suppliesoutlet.com/. Used to buy a million non-OEM Brother toners and drums from this place back when supporting printers was part of my job description and they were always bulletproof.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I mean I was basically a solo admin for years at that place so I supported everything, but yeah we had so many loving printers. Ricohs with service contacts so I just had to put in phone calls for those, but also anywhere from 3 to 20 little Brother MFPs and also a handful of lovely label printers, multiplied by 23 different offices spread throughout the entire state. Some places had a Brother like 3ft from the Ricoh because staff didn't want to walk that far to get their print jobs. The fusers for the Brothers were almost the same price as a brand new printer so when those went we just threw them away and bought a new one. And I had to manage the print servers that ran them all too.

The word printer no longer exists on my resume and I will disavow all knowledge of them if asked.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNHZoHnp00c&t=81s
(Should be cued up to 1:21)

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I pronounce the first syllable of Entra the same as Entry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Thanks Ants posted:

Everybody above a certain age has worked with the cranky Exchange admin who would set 200MB quotas on everyone's inbox and give zero options for archiving.