Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Happy new year all you computer touchers, sincerely, your clients/coworkers.

Also my monitor's been acting up and sometimes it doesn't turn on????????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ayyy first 'ticket' of the year.

A note, I am not an IT professional, but a reporter.

My boss frequently has issues where he misplaced the edges of his windows or Adobe Audition goes into different modes and each time he calls me first before going to actual IT. Today it was "Adobe's different again, what do I do"

I don't mind, it's just amazing that I'm the 0-th line tech support around here.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I told this story before byt at my old radio job, one day we came into the office and none of the phones or internet worked, which was an issue because that's how radio works these days, even in the 2010s.

It turns out GTE/Frontier sold off our entire bank of numbers without realizing they were actually connected to accounts that had been there for 60 years.

Telecoms, man

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It came from the other side of the ticket:

Helpdesk has spent two weeks and three laptops figuring out why I couldn't run Adobe Audition or get it installed after my old WFH laptop had a wifi failure

As it turns out we may have discovered an unreported conflict between Adobe CC and our brand new Enterprise Level Antimalware Program