Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

bell jar posted:

FW: RE: help

FYI

Sent from my iPhone

> From: Some Rando <neverheardof@yourorg.biz>
> To: Boss <yourboss@yourorg.biz>
>
> please help
>
> Sent from my iPhone

:golfclap:

Internet Explorer posted:

I've never had Slack do that, only people who don't know how to use threads. Seems to be the same people who reply with 3 words at a time and 10 messages to say what they wanted to say.

Listen hard returns are periods and commas in chat programs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

Entropist posted:

That's not really a representative test, as there are probably plenty of textual comments on that or similar code on the internet that it could have learned to replicate. The real question is how well it handles the spaghetti code from your intern 10 years ago that only exists in an internal codebase.
And then being ok that a database has your internal code for something that might matter. I think a lot of trust is being thrown at "yeah it's an anonymous collection of information!' for people who are throwing in questions with some level of hardcoded account information about your company.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

gently caress YES YAY WITCH YAY

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Entropic posted:

It was until yesterday until the equally old 8 port netgear 10/100 switch feeding it died. I was honestly surprised a switch that old had POE ports.
TIL that PoE was first standardized in 2003. (Along with 2009 PoE+ and 2018 PoE++/4PPoE). That's a long while of magic with two things in one wire.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I just learned that my spare Chromecast does not work on wifi networks with a captive portal. I've also spent enough time trying to find workarounds for this that I realized I've learned this on at least 2 other occasions before. I hate my stupid brain. :smith:
Setup a travel router that you can use that is already all configured for the chromecast and will allow you to bring both together to have the access you need without having to change the network it's connecting to each time. Allows your other devices to do the same as a bonus.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

That's one of the workarounds I found, but it requires a network cable to plug into the router, no idea where that thing is or if it has a free port. It's a clever solution though.
I believe the ones marketed as exactly that can also be setup to connect to your hotspot, OR can also be setup via you connecting to the device wireless from a phone/laptop, logging into the web portal on the device, and then sharing that access to other machines using your private wifi network.

This is the one I got https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Travel-Router-TL-WR902AC/dp/B01N5RCZQH, and then I stopped packing the chromecast with all the hotels having smart TVs that worked for what I wanted to do which was a mistake because the last hotel I went to didn't.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

this is weird but so well done that i can't hate it (assuming it's real and not just AI art or some poo poo)
Look at the type of the "letters" on the keys. AI as hell.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Data Graham posted:

sudo show results with sausage

No no with AI powering all the searched you have to say your dead grandmother used to give you good results without AI generated content farms in them and you wished the results for hot new video game were written by her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Renegret posted:

IF YOU SEE A USER HAD A BRUTE FORCE ATTEMPT ON THEIR VPN

DON'T UNLOCK IT AND CHANGE THE PASSWORD TO "changeme"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHVHHHHFDGJJHGFFGHJJGFVVGGHHBBBHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah but at least it will be changed at a fast pace for once!!! Just not by the user.