Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Cc: boss, boss's boss, HR, Janitorial dept, and starbucks across the street

Please open the old thread, some of us still use it for work and this is affecting production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

sfwarlock posted:

It really doesn't help that at some point someone at google decided that ignoring part of search queries was fine and good.

I want to interact with this person in real life.

"And what will you have for your breakfast, sir?"

"I dunno, but I know I'm in the mood for sausage. What do you have with sausage?"

"Searching for breakfast with sausage. Sausage and eggs; sausage, eggs and toast; bacon, eggs and toast; bacon and black pudding; spam and eggs; spam and toast and eggs; spam, spam- "

"Wait, I said sausage!"

"Missing: sausage. Show results with sausage?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcY3W5WgNU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

rndmnmbr posted:

Oh good, a helpdesk thread, I had some questions I need to ask.

I found a thumbdrive in the parking lot, I plugged it in to see what was on it. It was just something about my files and something about sending a bit coin? Anyways, I can't open the q1 financial statement now and it's due in the morning. I checked my boss's desk, and there was a post-it with a system administrator login and password, I tried it and it can't open the statement either, and there has to be something wrong because I opened a bunch of random folders and tried random files and none of them will open either. Can you help me, I'm going to be in so much trouble from my boss if I don't get the statement done on time.

Please do the needful.

Okay what you need to do is:
Go into the records archive, the door says cleaning supplies but you know we store all our finance records there, right next to The Server. Find the hardcopy that was faxed in at the end of month, scan it, return it, fax the scanned one to IT and tell them to "digitize" it