Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Sywert of Thieves posted:

gently caress, Google Wave was so bad. I never got it to perform anywhere close to decent. It was always a slow laggy mess. So much for reinventing email.

Wasn’t that the one that showed you each character someone typed as they were typing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

klosterdev posted:

A ticket came in: "Cannot connect to wife"

“Did you try turning her on?”

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Thanks Ants posted:

Does anybody know anything about analysing the performance of websites? We have an issue with a group of three websites that intermittently slow to a crawl but only when accessed from a specific network. Ideally I'd like to deploy something onto a few client devices (it can be a browser extension because these sites are fairly heavily used) that can more or less do what the Chrome dev tools network tab does, but aggregate that data to a central location as well as giving me details like the client IP address and the IP address that was resolved by DNS for the site assets in question, as well as not needing user interaction above the fact that they've visited the sites that are having problems. I've seen website performance monitoring services but they all seem to hit the sites in question from globally distributed locations which is great if you're running a website, but less useful for diagnosing a suspected network issue.

Sounds like a digital experience monitoring tool might what you’re looking for. I’m familiar with various vendor solutions like Cisco’s thousand eyes, Zscaler’s ZDX, or Palo’s ADEM but not sure what sort of standalone tooling exists out there.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Shamelessly stolen from gossi on mastodon

quote:

Hot new tabletop scenario: you lay off lots of IT staff to pivot to AI and automation with a goal to cost cut, and then your remaining IT staff, who don’t understand what they are doing due to lack of institutional knowledge, deploy an automation that breaks a critical business process and plunges the business into chaos.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

If you don’t mind a monthly fee, check out Kagi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Time for my semiannual linking of https://xyproblem.info