Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Buff Hardback posted:

Did Frosty Witch remember to enable read receipt for this email?

Should have marked it high priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Even the biggest proponents of AI writing frame it as a great tool to write things for other people to read. Nobody actually wants to read it themselves, and the moment anyone realizes they're reading AI drivel, they immediately stop.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Search engines are already becoming increasingly useless as the majority of the results are AI generated keyword filled nonsense. We're going to see a return of webrings.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

A Frosty Witch posted:

I'm in project management now, but I still get fun IT experiences. Mostly getting to work with IT from the other side and HOLY gently caress.

We're doing renovations on building A and will be moving people to buildings B, C, and D while those are happening. They'll be in these swing spaces for 2 years, so our contractor will be installing new network ports and running cables in these locations. We've got a firm timeline set and I just need to verify with the networking team that they'll be able to activate those ports over the course of a week, and if client services can hook everyone's computers up over the course of the following week so everyone can start working on April 1st. I need verification so the contractor can proceed. Just a yes or no.

Network Manager: *has disappeared off the face of the earth and will not respond to emails or slack messages* [It's been over a week]

Client Services Manager: Can I have a cutsheet of the ports being added?
Me: We won't have that until the contractor runs the cables. I just need your team to hook up computers during %daterange%. Can you confirm y'all can do this?
CSM: Alright, thanks! If you need anything from my team, just let me know!
Me: I need your team to hook up these computers on these dates, please confirm.
CSM: Can I have a cutsheet?
Me: You don't need a cutsheet. That's for the networking team and you'll get a copy when we have it. Please just confirm your team can hook up the computers.
CSM: Yes, my team is available now. I'll send them over.
Me: No, this is happening next month, not today. Please do not send your team over now.
CSM: Thanks! I'll let them know.

:bang:

Network Manager: Hey, I'm a few cables short for this project. I need 200 fiber cables by Monday.
Me: Where have you been? No, that's impossible. I need you to verify your team is available to activate these ports next month.
NM: *has disappeared off the face of the earth and will not respond to emails or slack messages* [It's been 3 days]

Not pictured: 13 other people waiting for my answer to proceed with a multimillion dollar project. I'm just going to plug all this stuff in myself at this point.

CSM is a robot and the network manager is an imposter realizing that his cover is blown now that he's expected to work with someone who knows IT.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
At my old job, after an angry customer had shown up in the lobby (this wasn't a business where customers would ever show up in person) they decided to install a panic button at the front desk, which would make a light flash in the I.T. area. They never said what they expected us to do if the light started flashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Outlook_new2(use this one)v3