Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
Some ancient software (niche industry "SharePoint" type thing) I was using back in 2012 had components that super users could create and these could have further nested components. When you tried to delete the very top level component that existed you would get a browser alert of "Are you sure you wish to delete this component? It will destroy all your children.".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

I deleted mine when I visited it for the first time in ages to look at some company reviews and it was desperately trying to get me to contribute in some communities before letting me read reviews. The link in the article to the data deletion request was news to me though.

https://help.glassdoor.com/s/privacyrequest

You can read all the reviews anyway by browsing to the page without being logged in and turning Javascript off.

Thanks for the link! Of course Glassdoor totally have their poo poo together and so 10 minutes after the request is submitted you get one email per review you've ever posted telling you it doesn't meet community guidelines, likely because their only deletion process is for moderating not privacy requests. I do wonder if they'll actually follow through with a full removal behind the scenes rather than just hiding from view.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

(not my photo)

My brain is not working today so the best I've got is something about aging IT infrastructure.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

Combine this with adding a NEW badge to the icon, just to extra rub it in that no one sensible has ever been involved in rebranding decisions