Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I backed up the old thread on this Buffalo but I can't see it on My Network and there's just a red light blinking? CRITICAL. THIS IS AFFECTING PATIENT CARE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hello my friend, I see you are missing <old thread> today and we can be in a position to help. You see we have been watching your IP address and have many evidence of the things you do in <old thread>. This would be embarrassing to you if known to your family or community! We can help you recover your sole access to <old thread> today. It will require much time from our computer experts. To ensure <old thread> is completely returned to you please send .5 bitcoin to 1fuxsc4mwofi526ug as soon as possible! Keep this in confidence as your sole access to <old thread> is at stake today.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I used to think it was just old people who like to print everything out to read it or store it. I eventually learned that it's all kinds of people who seem to be afraid that they will lose things inside the magic computer box unless they make sure the information is smeared onto dead trees. I'll admit that I've had good luck finding critical information that's more than a few years old in physical file folders but that has more to do with nobody being responsible for keeping digital files over time or doing proper backups in small offices/home offices.