Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

We should put the thread on a blockchain so we can verify all the posts. Maybe a 10 minute timer, so we get bursts of posts every 10 minutes, 6 confirmations before someone can quote it and no edit function.
I'm the ideas guy, someone make the wiki.

Threadcoin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

[SPAM] FW: RE: Ticket escalated to Lowtax, awaiting agent response

[SPAM] FW: RE: Ticket escalated to Lowtax, awaiting agent response FINAL - DO NOT USE (3)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Did they replace them or just add more?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

My stepdad would set his wifi to hide the ssid and require MAC authentication, but at the same time didnt trust windows 10/11 and still uses XP.....\

Ive given up on offering computer help.

I thought hiding the ssid just made your device scream out for it all the time it's not connected to it?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I bet a bomb disposal robot can do that.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware/Software Crap > Jaded Helpdesk Megathread For Cynical Buttholes - DO NOT ASK FOR HELP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

I emailed a US college about two Brother label printers they had that were appearing in Google search results for that firmware version, and could have print jobs submitted to them. No reply, I think they're still there.

Start printing out "Please remove this printer from the public internet" repeatedly until it disappears. That should eventually fix it.