Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Mothership IT did something over the holiday related to cyber security (their words) and now every transaction in Oracle that moves material x from location a to location b has the appropriate quantity of x leave location a but then it ~*disappears*~

to which I say lol

lmao even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
A peer on the day side over in the warehouse was having an issue where excel kept hanging up so he put in a ticket and when on the phone with tier 1 they told him his problem was that he has more than 1 spreadsheet open and needed to only open them one at a time. :confused:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Oyster posted:

56 minutes. They asked if it was $100 charge, I confirmed. Easiest $100 I've ever made, and I'm hella proud that I was able to stick to it.

What color do you want your boat?

Just kidding, must feel good, enjoy it bro!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

I once sent a company wide email, at a fortune 500, about a successful hard dick replacement

I have sent to many, many people a poo poo report

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Speaking of ChatGPT, I wasnt giving it much thought until the other day my mother in law emailed me a link that claimed, among many other things, that ChatGPT is the antichrist.

So beware, friends!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

klosterdev posted:

We tried deploying Teams phones on desks and everyone was like "??? but I already have a softphone?" we found them on shelves and in drawers and one in a trash can. Nobody wanted their precious desk space wasted.

They’re going to roll out Teams phones at my joint so they came through and threw away all our desk phones.

Going to roll out Teams phones

Going to

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I have to go through all that once a year with about half of my forklift drivers when their w2 gets released online.

They don’t use computers on a daily basis, so I don’t know what your doctor’s excuse is.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Boogalo posted:

Putting the teams ringtone into Forza Horizon as an optional car horn was one of the best trolls I've ever seen.

Oh my god that’s diabolical lol

Can you get the iPhone notification, too?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Wibla posted:

This belongs in E/N :negative:

FW: [TICKET 149473845] user reports laundry process hangs up

[TICKET 149473845] closed - laundry is supposed to hang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

I am aware of a county council office that handles building planning in Ireland that has a radiator which cannot be turned on "because of the leak".

The leak is caused by the pressure that decades worth of "difficult" case files cause when you shove them down the back of a radiator and claim you never got them

Don’t forget to feed the leopard!