Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

A Frosty Witch posted:

Who the gently caress am I managing then, Sugar Ray?

Who wants to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The thread was dancing a fine line between "ding dong an rear end in a top hat's dead" and "Do we really want his living children to read this thread?".

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fidon't show off your fetish to stakeholders.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RFC2324 Gaiden

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm sorry sir but this is an admiralty git repo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My workplace has my personal cell phone number only because they took away our desk phones as a cost saving measure and if they pulled that poo poo with me I'd be going to HR in a heartbeat.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.co...ng-permanently/

quote:

Main Issue:
KSP2 will throw a PlayerPrefsException error when the game's registry Key/Entries is filled up with too much information,
At that point KSP2 will never again complete the initial load into the main menu.

Whats Happening:
KSP2 is adding information every time a SOI change happens or if a save file has been loaded.
It all appears to be similar information repeated again and again.

quote:

Alright, doing some investigating it seems that they are saving the Pqs preferences based off of the instance ID of the pqs object, which, according to unity's own documentation, changes between runs of the game, hence why its saving 10 trillion different copies of the same data

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

A Frosty Witch posted:

The interview committee seemed to really like me and the executive assistant that called to coordinate the date was a bit flustered and apologized saying they had literally never flown someone in from out of state for an interview so she's not sure of the process.

They're either lying to butter you up for the move or telling the truth. Both of which are probably good signs.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I now have the mental image of you sneaking around their data center like Snake in a box, telling people not to tell the hiring committee how desperate you are for a job.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You grab an intern and slit their throat with an old ram stick before pulling them back into the forest of cat-5 cables. No emotion on your face at all beneath the spatter pattern made in thermal grease.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The saga of frosty witch is long and winding.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"You have on here a Buffalo Nass at 192.164.0.1?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

:yotj:

Perhaps a thread title change in honor of the saga of frosty witch having a happy end?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

A Frosty Witch posted:

Imagine four buffalos on the edge of a cliff. Say the buffalo nearest the cliff becomes 98% full and is sent to the back of the line of buffalos and takes the place of the first buffalo. The formerly first buffalo becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth corrupts completely. This is none of your concern.

Witch, please, he had a NAS.
(Takes a drag off a cat 6 cable and drops his allocation table)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

tactlessbastard posted:

They’re going to roll out Teams phones at my joint so they came through and threw away all our desk phones.

Going to roll out Teams phones

Going to
They got rid of our desk phones and gave us all software phones.
In the process this broke our intercom that we had in the entryway so they just hung up a sign over the junction box where the intercom used to be saying 'dial <My Phone> for entry'
Then they got rid of our software phones.
The SOP now is to just bang on the glass till someone notices I guess.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Several years ago I returned from a week long holiday to discover that the ergonomic mouse I had brought from home had been replaced with a generic Dell number that was encrusted with orange filth and didn't register left clicks.

Apparently someone's mouse broke and rather than go through the proper channels when I wasn't here to replace it just took mine instead.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Did no one go into that bathroom after he left yesterday? And what dental appointments do you go to that you're laid out the day after? He's probably laying low hoping he evades suspicion.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

sfwarlock posted:

It is a good art.

Meanwhile the coda to all this: he will be 100% work from home for the foreseeable future.

the new hire or the dentist guy?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

door.jar posted:

Combine this with adding a NEW badge to the icon, just to extra rub it in that no one sensible has ever been involved in rebranding decisions

My new laptop that i got last week had outlook, the office suite product that prompts me to pay for it whenever I click on it accidentally, and Outlook (new) which is the actual free mail client. it also still has the old free mail client.

Whoever came up with this branding change should be shot.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

Until this set of email rules can only be described in 4D space you haven't helped enough.

5D Distribution Lists with Multiverse Time Travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-cadet_keyboard

quote:

Many keys had three symbols on them, accessible by means of the shift keys: a letter and a symbol on the top, and a Greek letter on the front. For example, the G key had a "G" and an up-arrow ("↑") on the top, and the Greek letter gamma ("γ") on the front. By pressing this key with one hand while playing an appropriate "chord" with the other hand on the shift keys, the user could get the following results:

G g (lowercase G)
⇧ Shift+G G (uppercase G)
Front+G γ (lowercase gamma)
Front+⇧ Shift+G Γ (uppercase gamma)
Top+G ↑ (upwards arrow)

Each of these might, in addition, be typed with any combination of the ⎈ Control, ◆ Meta, ❖ Super, and ✦ Hyper keys. By combining the modifier keys, it is possible to make 4000 different inputs.