Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Entropic posted:

Post your best UI buttons with bad vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

so technically you're a spinoff?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ms teams logs mouse movement for whatever reason

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Entropic posted:

It also comes with a voicemail server that is the exact size and form-factor of a mini-fridge:

crytycal services indeed

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

A Frosty Witch posted:

Just got a call that a potential job wants to fly me out to Portland for a second interview.

That's probably a good sign, right? :ohdear:

:yotj:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

the dream of :yotj: is alive in portland

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

A Frosty Witch posted:

There's specifically a form I can fill out to do just this and I'll definitely be making some noise cause 6 weeks of no pay after moving across the country for a job with no relocation assistance after 6 months of unemployment is a bit of a tall order for anyone.

yeah, [county we both get paid by] do their payroll between the 12th and the 18th each month so you just missed it. I wish you luck finding the right people in Finance (ie people who aren't already off on winter break) to cut you a check before 1/2!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Network Manager has grown to used to no-one asking them to do anything, now when someone presents them with a task they get bolshy

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I am totally invested in this story of a light-fingered workforce versus the milquetoast manager!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

sfwarlock posted:

"What exactly do you mean: 'not again'?!"

:lol:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

the time change never used to bother me, but as I get older, losing that hour in Spring gets harder and harder. Grandpa Simpson meme.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

hunter2

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

:sickos:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

A Frosty Witch posted:

Would it be irredeemable of me to put my name in for a lateral move position in another department 3 months after starting here?

Turns out I detest project management and want to go back to managing IT

Do what makes your life better! Check the office politics of your place - some institutional hiring committees value longevity/loyalty more than others, i'm sure you know the deal, and prepare to allude to/address it in the interview if you need to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I'm in this post and I don't like it :cry: