Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

You guys hear about the ipv4 addresses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Knormal posted:

We just switched to a managed print subscription at my place and it's great. Printer's broken? Call the vendor and they'll send someone out to fix or replace it. Oops, print server went down? Forward the ticket to the one guy responsible for the print server. Now we only have to support things like users who don't know how to change their default printer, or don't know how to set it to double-sided or something.

We do the same with Xerox on campus. Its def pretty cool.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

3 of my coworkers use LastPass :(

When told about the breach, consensus was "Happens to everyone eventually!" with a "I use really strong passwords"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

klosterdev posted:

The job market for tech workers is TERRIBLE rn. After I got laid off I could barely get an interview for a mid-to-senior level position. I realized that because the market is so bad I'm competing with people more skilled than I am who are aiming low.

I feel this bigtime. Hyper frustrating to have happen.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ticket for "Computer keeps making a chime noise".

Tried to replicate the problem, none of the tones I produced in Windows matched reports. I think its new users getting a swarm of "new printer found" messages. I just muted the computers in question and closed the ticket lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im gonna telnet that neural link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ssb posted:

This is the year of the Linux desktop!