Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I used AI to write answers to the bullshit fluff questions on my annual self-eval last month. I highly suspect AI wrote those questions in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Fill your bag with Panera leftovers.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

sfwarlock posted:

It is absolutely bucketing down rain here in California. There's a rather serious roof leak at one of the facilities. They need tarps and buckets (or maybe full-on trashcans) and there was talk of getting a pump. The total for all that when they put it into Home Dept for buy online, store pickup came to several hundred dollars, which the maint guy cordially refused to put on his personal credit card for reimbursement "later", so they started calling people at home (on Sunday, for those of you reading this later) trying to find someone with a P-card who would actually answer the work phone.

So that someone could go online and buy Home Depot giftcards (You may see where this is going...) and provide the onsite people the info. So that they could check out the cart and get the flood supplies.

Very much to his credit, the first person they got a hold of asked for a video call to make sure he was actually talking to the people, and one quick Google meet later, he actually decided to meet the maint guy at Home Depot and pay in person.

Where I thought this was going:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/04/asia/deepfake-cfo-scam-hong-kong-intl-hnk/index.html

A finance worker at a multinational firm was tricked into paying out $25 million to fraudsters using deepfake technology to pose as the company’s chief financial officer in a video conference call, according to Hong Kong police.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

First of May posted:

add hock networking

I showed this to some people and they all rolled their eyes and breathed out hard through the nose. I appreciate you.