Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

My local supermarket filling the seasonal aisle with christmas stuff on August 31st was the last straw for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Entropic posted:

Monitor plugged into the master outlet and VOIP phone plugged into one of the slave outlets. Monitor turns off from power-save mode 30 seconds after PC is locked.

How the heck did they flip all the text except the bits by the switch

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Subject line of an email I received today

quote:

Fwd: FW: [EXT] Out of Office - Annual Leave RE: [EXT] RE: [EXT] Re: SFTP server criteria

The SFTP details were wrong.

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Mar 11, 2024

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Jaded Helpdesk Megathread For Cynical Buttholes

I've no idea what you're talking about.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

"what if we made Office, but worse in every possible respect?"

Office for mac in the 2000s?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

mllaneza posted:

For most of its life, Office for Mac has been a really good product. The places where it falls down in comparison are places where Office for Windows has an important feature that depends on a Windows API that the Mac devs simply cannot access.

I don't know, those early pre-intel days were really rough just on basic functionality.

These days it is much better for sure, and short of more serious suit and tie users like my dad it does just fine. But he still runs parallels just to have a Windows install so he can use Real Office (despite retiring years ago).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Both microsoft and apple had big "lalala only our formats and products exist" attitudes back then (which I feel they're a little better about now) so maybe that had something to do with it.