Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Turambar posted:

I'm not here to defend OpenAI, but ChatGPT answers this correctly. (Bard failed)

I also tried a (sanitized version of a) reasonably complex SQL query with a Common Table Expression, CROSS APPLYs and ROW_NUMBER() over (PARTITION BY .. ORDER BY CASE ... END ), and got a good explanation about what each part of the query does and the likely purpose.

I'm not saying you should blindly copy / paste all your company code and trust whatever a LLM spits out, but it can certainly be a tool. I would not dismiss it out of hand.

Nope. Stop believing your lying eyes. It isn't actually doing those things. Thread logic has spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I can't tell if you're agreeing with my position that we should not change times twice a year, or disagreeing with setting the permanent time to the shifted-forward-an-hour one. If it's the former, :hfive:, if it's the latter, :wrong:

Are we on DST right now? Cause this poo poo sucks. In the summer it doesn't get dark til like 10 o'clock where I am. Go away sun I'm trying to sleep. I have work in the morning.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Entropic posted:

Also it takes like 1 to 5 button presses to change the time on most cars, ovens, etc. I swear to god people who complain about that are just projecting their memories of 90s comedy routines about VCRs onto something that has actually been incredibly easy for decades.
Some effort is worse than no effort. I think people object to how arbitrary it is. There's literally no reason to have to do that. It's another little thing I have do. throw it on the pile.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

I see the date formats are different. But I don't understand what problem this is causing. What exactly is the problem that is happening? Are updates not getting through? I admit that I am dumb. So explain to me like I'm an extemely stupid person.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Branch Nvidian posted:

Or just figure out the process to factory reset the drat thing using a hardware button or whatever and then i'll be whatever is on that label. Also $300 isn't enough for dealing with printer bullshit.

Or just walk away. bury it in the desert. Never think about it ever again.