Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Caused some self-inflicted group sync issues with aad connect the last couple of days doing some group attribute cleanup.

Thankfully, deleting the connector spaces, full imports, full syncs, and exports was the ticket but man I hate dealing with AAD connect in any way, if you really gently caress things up you’re gonna have a Bad Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Hell yeah. Hopefully you have found your pod.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
That’s what we did and it worked out fine, especially since we went remote-only in 2020. The telecom guys spend most of their time dealing with Five9 and the call centers anyways.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

A Frosty Witch posted:

Buzzing away in my skull, my Buffalo MyThoughts Brain Implant suddenly grinds to a halt. Its internal storage has hit 98%.

Sitting at the conference table, presenting to stakeholders, my face twists into an indescribable mask of agony and I slide comically out of my chair and crumple lifelessly on the floor.

At the congressional hearing, the inventor of the brain implant is asked how this could have happened to me and to so many others.

CE leans into the mic and says "that's none of your business"

lmao

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Got dragged into a call while I was cooking dinner a little after 5. Being end of month and all, nobody being able to log into the accounting invoice software is kind of a big deal.

Turns out one of my infosec teammates was loving around in zscaler internet access and decided to block every IE version below 11, without any thought, change request, anything.

Guess what this accounting software uses still, somehow? There’s a god drat IE6 user agent string in the log events for the denies.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Hotel Kpro posted:

I would get the same amount of work done at home as I do in the office which right now is none, because they don’t give me anything to do.

This. Other than the occasional ticket/issue assist, I am pretty much left to my own devices to do whatever I want. Other than a new SSO setup, not a lot of work comes my way from other people.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Lazy and forgetful is right behind that.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Data Graham posted:

pyf widely deployed infra passwords

The local admin account that was identical on every single workstation of a mid size retailer, about 4000 machines all told, was grabbed out of lsaas (XP days) as part of a white hat full pen test.

Which they accomplished from a store vlan as if someone plugged in a device. They had domain admin in about 3 hours because a sr network admin had a workstation under his desk running no-auth VNC.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

dragonshardz posted:

some day i want to take a big mfp to a bomb range, fill its guts with an entire brick of legally acquired C4, and then blow it to smithereens.

Tannerite inside a computer case works just fine for the job, so I imagine an MFP would be even better.

https://youtu.be/j9PL0KH_zfs?si=p6jn27bOsj5FITXY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Cool Dad posted:

My (large state university) workplace had all the printers with public IPs for a long time as well, until they started getting sent malware executables which would print huge reams of ascii.

In college I used that utility that can set the lcd text on HP printers on a lot of the printers on campus. Nothing offensive, just silly stuff like “feed me,” etc.

The printer admin lost his poo poo “because we were being hacked” and started working on locking the printers down so they would only receive jobs from the print server. Thankfully I was a student IT worker, heard about it, and fessed up so he wouldn’t go through all that work.