Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Admittedly completely out of my element, but why even give them the time of day? They don't know you, and they don't need to know you.

"Have we worked with you before?"
Nope! Sure haven't. I'm in a completely different state and have no idea who you are.

Even if you've met them in person and they think you look familiar? No, person I don't want to associate with, you're mistaken, we are complete strangers.

Of course thinking of it in the moment is a lot harder than mentally re-treading that conversation in the shower the next day.

loving sucks that anyone has to think that way, though. It's nice being able to build relationships. This is my Official Sympathy Post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

One might ask if they know the works of Shan Yu.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I absolutely agree. If we were talking end users, then of course you can't assume they read every email you send. They have other work to do and probably wish IT would just leave them alone. I have much higher expectations of the people who work with me directly.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Sounds like they got tired of you making everyone else look bad.

Most plausible explanation ever.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

AlexDeGruven posted:

What the gently caress is up with people in our state?

My worry is that if/when it happens to me, I might give in to testosterone and reply with "bring it."

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

It's this year "we need to implement X but on the blockchain".

We do need to implement stupid user questions on the blockchain. That way we can limit them to seven per second globally.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Mr. Fix It posted:

you passed the test, but at what cost?

He will diminish, and pass into the West.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Awwwwww hell yeah. Congratulations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Hell. Yeah.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Every time you make your process foolproof, you meet a better fool.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

This has me wondering if this desktop setup is the "no brown M&Ms" of IT. If so, it's a worthy gambit.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

A Frosty Witch posted:

It happened. I've finally become that which I hated.

One of my project managers came to me looking for where she fit in the timeline for a remodel my department is overseeing. Her focus is entirely on A/V, which this particular project involves none of until 2025.

Seeing as how she doesn't need to be involved since it doesn't involve her, I said it. I said it without thinking.

"That's none of your concern".

The urge to run a media empire on a consumer Buffalo NAS will be next.

How long do I have?

Is this the new spinoff of Santa Clarita Diet?

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Root cause resolved, ticket closed. User can now be killed. Drone dispatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Somewhere, an Emacs developer began salivating uncontrollably without knowing why.