Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

No way am I paying for anything the UFC puts out. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

reeg posted:

I will always root against the Pauls as athletes but for their continued development as humans. They're both idiots but genuinely seem to be trying to become better people. Famous too young. Posed with a couple dead bodies. Happens to the best of us

Not that I know from experience, being a cage potato but I think this kind of change in attitude is what happens when you get beat up on every day by better people than you when you're training for fights. It all rubs off.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looks like the only place we're gonna be seeing men slapping other men really hard in the face is gonna be from Russia (with love).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Best Friends posted:

Dana White sighs, alone in his empty office. His phone is off - it’s just reporters asking for comment. What is there to say. What can he say. Maybe it’s time.

He pulls the custom .50 cal revolver from his drawer, and after thinking a bit, decides he’ll do it. He closes his eyes and pulls the trigger. A single, small key falls out.

He walks to his shelf and picks up the silver devil skull. Full twist to the right horn. Half twist to the left. The mouth opens and a long silicone tongue rolls out, releasing the second key.

To the safe. Inserts both keys, turns them. First a click, then a thump, then the door swings open.

He never thought he’d have to use this. Never thought it would come to this.

He pulls the Bible from the safe. Opens it. The hollow starts on “Lamentations,” a void in which a single, small envelope is stored, long ago sealed with the sweat of Japan’s largest man. A custom Harley Davidson dagger slices through what had been sealed for so many years.

“To Dana - list of useful apologies. Signed, Your Friend.”

Friend? Friend?? How dare he. Friends don’t ask for 2% raises. Nonetheless, this would do.

One hundred fifty decibel rendition of Face The Pain and a few bumps of powdered courage. “It’s time!” rings in his head.

He turns his phone back on.

:five:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/twrecks155/status/1611771936081874944?s=20&t=Hid5pPIVb-c18XOr-nmwyA

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not for much longer, at least not for UFC. I think this is the last fight on his contract and he might retire.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dana White and Co have gone all in on a getting a, and I use the term loosely, combat sport sanctioned by the athletic commission thats a couple of rungs lower than Bare Knuckle.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

kri kri posted:

on the other hand, francis is just the nicest of dudes but he really needs a manager

Marquel Martin is his manager.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's hot.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lol @ Dana White out there on his Instagram calling everyone who throws any shade at his Power Slap posts a Fake Account today.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

2023 ya'll

https://twitter.com/mmamania/status/1617863158592425984?t=fMADbgv7CqnpD651YYxMCw&s=19

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tangy Zizzle posted:

it's so incredibly easy to see the fights without buying a card that I don't think I'll ever buy another one

I hope it's not :filez: to agree with this, but hard :agreed:

Which made me literally laugh out loving loud when I saw Power Slap is having a Pay Per View.

We, the degenerate fans of combat sports, might watch but absolutely no one is paying to see that poo poo, Dana.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Bloody Elbow being dropped by Vox, ah well

Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

"Fighting out of the Blue PRIME Hydration Recovery Zone...."