Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jesus christ re: those reddit pages and a nate diaz "im not surprised, motherfuckers" to mma fans being fairly terrible in aggregate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

CarlCX posted:

Congratulations to Mike "The Truth" Jackson on his upcoming PFL main event.

speaking of, apparently jake sheilds fought the guy at some training facility because mike called him an alt-right racist or something. anyway, it may have looked like this:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

me talking every new year’s about losing weight

"things are gonna change soon, i can feel it" - beck, loser 1994/eat this glob, loser, 2012, 2013, 2014...2022/jon jones, heavyweight "fighter" 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

the only CAVE rules i respect is their "shadowboxing only" matches

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CarlCX posted:

imagine, for a moment, that you had a terrifying yet eminently likable 6'4" heavyweight kickboxer with appeal in multiple international markets and a virtual guarantee of producing at least one mainstream-adored highlight-reel knockout per year, and all you had to do was pay him not like a schmuck, and you decided that actually, instead, the promotionally responsible choice is to bet on Jon Jones

lmaooooo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

why yes, i would like to get paid $12 million to fight some boxer with zero stakes to my career vs get paid $400k by the world's reddest wife beater who has demonstrated he has nothing but contempt for all but like 3 of the people on his roster. why do you ask?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

speaking of brazilians, i have a new favorite brazilian fighter

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1616208971836100620?t=hW-HdT-yLZkzxw-MBWnjCg&s=19

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

dana white, massive piece of poo poo and conor mcgregor, accused of assault, sexual or otherwise. everything old is new again. happy 2023, everyone!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

yeah im not even inclined to keep espn+ at this point much less spring for a ppv. id probably watch more shows otherwise, but so many (on paper) terrible cards and a businessman i can't support chased me from being mma fan who'd watch shark fights and invicta down to someone who watches maybe 3 cards a year and follows the sport from sherdog round by round descriptions the day after and here in psp. it's a bummer

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i clicked on that while watching a basketball game with a buddy and eventually devolved into a horrified laugh and he asked "what was that, butthead" if you need an indication of how hosed up that was

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

if stipe just spit out the fifteen pounds of rock, gravel, and sand in his mouth, esophagus, and upper respiratory system, he'd be almost halfway there

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I could get two greggs sausage rolls and 2 hours of central heating for that

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

bummer. they were the only mma media i read, before i gave up reading mma media and just letting my psp posting pals give me the skinny (or fatty, in the case of gastelum not making weight) on news. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

some good news for the BE readers, they're apparently gonna try and make a go of it independently together