Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I don't understand how you can fight in the ufc, learn Chad mendes is making a milly a fight and not just spontaneously unionise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
finally watched that white power slap festival and if you find that poo poo entertaining than gently caress you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Obey my commands at all times
Maintain eye contact at all times

Been laughing at this for about an hour.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

I’m being serious here when I say that maybe you should take a hard look at being an MMA fan. The number of people involved in it and other combat sports far outweighs slap fighting, as do the number of fencing response highlight pictures from fights.
I assume that the slap fighters only train offense, so they also wouldn’t get the volume of subconcussive blows.

I think the objection is knocking out someone who is not allowed according to the rules to defend themselves in any way, not the injuries sustained.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Lol, real convenient litmus test.

Please don't take this as me starting poo poo I am genuinely interested to know if you can see a clear line between a brutal knock out in a sanctioned, established sport where both competitors are capable of defending themselves and white power slapping.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I think you're insane, but at least I understand where we disagree.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I'm legit envious of you guys that still watch all the cards. As is oft repeated, the fight quality is sky high and posting in the gdt with y'all is still good poo poo, but drat it I just don't give much of a poo poo anymore.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

My understanding of the 'title' of lineal champ is that if the lineal champ retires undefeated or fucks his whole life up then the title is passed to the winner of a fight between the consensus number 1 and 2 in the division. Has that seriously not happened since Jones?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

There once was a man named conor
who was an rear end in a top hat that had no honor
he's won many a fight
but got hit on his bike
he's fine, but I wish he'd join Bonnar.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dana White listens intently to your dissatisfaction and after agreeing it couldn't possibly be worse, decrees that you can pick 2 posters from something awful's psp board to be manning the commentary booth for the next event. Who do you put in the booth?