Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Seems like palm(heel) striking them in the side of the jaw is exactly what they're doing. It's only a "slap" in that it's open handed as far as I can see.

Also lolling that the only mentions I've seen of it online are various ufc fighters talking about how loving stupid it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
That ref is just like "nah he dead"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Mekchu posted:

Also for anyone who doesn't know, there's a new Netflix Korean show called Physical 100.

It's a reality competition show where 100 male and female athletes, bodybuilders, models, etc. compete against each other in various physical tests in a sort of Squid Game inspired format where people get eliminated etc. Winner get's 300,000,000 Korean won (little under 250k USD).

Anyway Choo Sung-hoon, better known to use as Yoshihiro Akiyama, is on the show and this was what happened when he showed up. Keep in mind the rest of the contestants include Korean UDT/special forces people, members of the Korean olympic teams for wrestling, judo, etc. and they're all fanboying/fangirling over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4PILb0BnXk

I hope he made them introduce him as sexyama there too

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Lid posted:

He also sat there ominously while Stun Gun Kim murdered some kpop stars.

Was that when stun gun slapped someone for talking poo poo or something?
That description also reminded me of that classic Yoel bit when Masvidal said he'd brought back up somewhere and the camera panned over to Yoel sitting in like a dark corner of the room looking terrifying.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Ah for some reason i thought there was a real incident not just that music video. Now i think I might be misremembering someone saying they were gonna slap TKZ's friend or something :psyduck: