Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Luke Thomas had enough of the dishonesty around Dana's domestic violence coverage/discourse and it kinda ruled. Wish everyone had the will to tell their viewers and peers and to go gently caress themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evg0vYKfcmc&t=4584s

You can pretty much cut it off as soon as his idiot co-host starts talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1613681912304005120

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

COPE 27 posted:

He seems to be trying to follow the Colby playbook of playing up the rear end in a top hat character but he can't actually pull it off and he just comes across as a dumb rear end in a top hat.

He's even following the part where he has fights that fuckin' suck.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ilmucche posted:

what are the actual rules for dana white power slapping

can you just palm strike someone in the temple? does it have to hit the cheek? are there rules on not hitting someone with the heel of your palm? undefended strikes to the head are crazy poo poo. streetbeefs was more respectable than this, at least they pretended to care about safety

Hey now, they care about safety, Forrest Griffin is there to catch them when their brain switches off.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's perfectly fine to have your own limits on what you're comfortable with in combat sports. I personally don't care for stomps and soccer kicks (grounded knees are fine).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah... as Wanderlei Silva Fan A #1 when I first got into MMA, I thought that was the coolest thing ever, but noted firearms trafficker Dr. Johnny Benjamin made the excellent point that any untrained idiot can break someone's neck with either of those techniques.

I get it. Shogun was my dude. But once I started to notice stomps and downed kicks were being used to hurt people that were already mostly out of it I just preferred they stay illegal. No reason to make things even more harsh and brutal.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It was pretty hosed they threw poo poo at Brandon Moreno but he seemed pretty geeked still. My man had more heat than the nWo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CarlCX posted:

According to posts by both men on social media that I'm not going to link here because who cares, the UFC is putting together a new season of The Ultimate Fighter with coaches Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson. I am quietly waiting for Ferguson to somehow show up in the top fifteen again around the time the season ends.

Can't wait for a totally washed Tony to wrestle the poo poo out of and submit a winded, roided up Conor.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mekchu posted:

The amount of people who are crooning/giggling about the layoffs and also saying "keep politics out of sport" is loving amazing given most have Dagestani fighters like Khabib or Khamzat in their avatar, or have #FreeTate/#Trump things in their bio.

"Keep politics I don't like out of sports"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'd take an alternate commentary stream with Goldie and... poo poo I dunno some rotating cast of fighters you want to try out on the desk.