Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mekchu posted:

Not even a full day into the new year and already clocking in the first MMA related domestic abuse situation.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/02/dana-white-wife-drunk-fight-slap-new-years-eve-nightclub-cabo/?adid=social-twa

COPE 27 posted:

The white power slap league starting the year strong

saw this on Yahoo News of all places and furiously sprinted to my computer so that I can post:

Dana's Wife Power Slap

seriously though will anyone even indirectly ask about this when the next DV thing happens, or ask Endeavor, or have any type of consequences at all? i know the answer to this.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

president of UFC slaps his wife, then an NFL player straight up dies right there on the field for 10 minutes mid-game tonight, what on earth is ahead of us this wretched year in sports

the NFL thing sucks poo poo, hope that guy is okay, but the biggest figure in combat sports launching a league literally with his name on it and POWER SLAP and getting caught on film slapping his wife two weeks before its debut...the eternal carny nature of punch sports lives on.

just laughing my rear end off at picturing the poor SEO/PR people at Endeavor/TBS who are furiously scrambling to make sure it's only positive results when people search for "dana white slap thing" over the next while

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

Why when anything happens does everyone rush to reddit and twitter for the worst takes and then post those worst takes.

i like it. generally most people here are nice and swell posters so it’s fun to see the morons on other sites and point at them.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

me talking every new year’s about losing weight

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

who do you suppose has an advantage in a boxing match, the guy who went 12 rounds with Charlo and Canelo or

Diego rules so loving much

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
sucks that Ngannou is gone. I hope he goes and fights Tyson Fury and makes a ton of money and comes back. but Jones-Gane is a sick fight. that's going to rule (if Jon can make it lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

LobsterMobster posted:

As more than a few twitter accounts have rampantly speculated, it would be hilarious if Krause and Molina intended to lose the Zhumagulov fight, but bad judges hosed them over

e: w e l p

https://twitter.com/UFCRosterWatch/status/1615420713548058637?t=a0GLrBNIwjSTTA0eRTHV6A&s=19

never leave it in the hands of the judges