Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not even a full day into the new year and already clocking in the first MMA related domestic abuse situation.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/02/dana-white-wife-drunk-fight-slap-new-years-eve-nightclub-cabo/?adid=social-twa

quote:

The UFC honcho and Anne White, who've been married for 26 years, were celebrating Saturday night with friends in El Squid Roe ... but things took a turn shortly after they all welcomed in 2023 at midnight.

The couple and their group were in a VIP area above the dance floor, and when Dana leaned over to say something to Anne ... she reacted by slapping him across the face. Dana immediately slapped her back in the face, before friends jumped in and pulled them apart -- and it all played out in plain view of patrons down below.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

For those who don't want to watch the video:
Looks like Dana is holding her wrist, she gets free and slaps him. Dana strikes back several times.

Most of what I read made me believe it was just one simple slap each, no way.

It basically goes like that yeah. He approaches her, she sorta moves away, he grabs her wrist sorta aggressively, she slaps him immediately, he then reacts and slaps her back and then they get broken up by ppl around them.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

The fact that Dana already gave an interview going 'yup, that was awful, oh well' means he thinks the UFC is already done with it, and he is probably right.

Yeah

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i predict less than six. if anything, probably 2 or 3 max.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BC is stupid as gently caress, but his "nobody is actually out here defending Dana's wife in all of this" comment is actually pretty important as well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jeffwagenheim/status/1611041735978647583

https://www.mmamania.com/2023/1/5/2...ry-comments-ufc

quote:

“We’ve been told to not write anything incendiary on social media about the Dana White situation, and I understand why and have abided by that,” Wagenheim quoted tweeted to Stephen A. Smith’s reaction. “I just ask y’all to understand that some of us at ESPN do not have as soft a take as this on domestic violence.”

UPDATE: Wagenheim followed up on his comments shortly after his initial tweet.

“Clarification: There was no edict from ESPN bosses regarding the White situation, but in general we are strongly discouraged from incendiary posts on social media, and with a business partner things are sensitive,” Wagenheim quote tweeted himself. “My bad on the wording. (The thought that follows still stands.)”

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 8, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weird how the UFC & its fighters are linked to two country's insurrection attempts by ousted politicians across 2 years.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

Don't write about paul until he actually fights a real opponent (he won't)

this is stupid as gently caress

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1614463760533430273

loving LMAO

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Destro posted:

Ngannou was offered a large chunk of money. Says right around 8 million so it was probably more than that. But they wouldn't entertain any of his other wants.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/01/ufc-news-francis-ngannou-explains-departure-future-next-fight

I see 8 million and I know I could retire comfortably at 39 with that and it's far more than any other fighters get. Seems like he's happy with his decision though who knows maybe he'll get an 8 figure payday against Tyson Fury or something, though I think that would be more likely if he crushed a few more challengers.

He didn't just want money.

https://twitter.com/the3els/status/1615416689973235712

He talked about it with Ariel on a special MMA Hour episode on Tuesday that is very much worth a listen.

https://youtu.be/0vngym7ChcM?t=84

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 18, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If ONE didn't have awful commentators and dropped the "we get billions of viewers eat event" bullshit, I'd be happy to watch them consistently because they have additionallyfun poo poo like grappling, muay thai and kickboxing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brain Curry posted:

Me: can I have Hasbullah?
Mom: no, we have Hasbullah at home.
Hasbullah at home:

No one should want that shitstain of a human.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

What is the composition of wrestling fans in terms of awareness of and sympathy for CTE? Iow, are they more or less disdainful about slapping vs the average (yuck) mma fan?

From what I remember, there was a guy in the WWE who was a former football player (I think only at a college level) and he was very big on the "Hey....concussions are not good and WWE's system/policies (at the time) are trash" and most people agreed with him.

I think when it was more or less revealed that Chris Benoit had CTE and went on to murder his wife and kid wrestling fans pretty universally said "CTE is bad and should be avoided"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also cross posting this from the grappling thread but Fight Pass finally has new content that will be worth subscribing to for a bit.

Mekchu posted:

In more positive news, and will likely see try a crack at doing more of those write ups/previews because.....

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ne...aming-agreement

UFC Fight Pass and ADCC Submission Fighting World Federation announce exclusive multi-year streaming agreement

UFC Fight Pass to showcase over 40 events through 2024 including the ADCC Opens, Trials and Championship.

LAS VEGAS – UFC Fight Pass, the world's leading streaming service for combat sports, today announced a multi-year partnership with global submission grappling organization ADCC Submission Fighting World Federation. Under the terms of the agreement, UFC Fight Pass will exclusively stream over 40 ADCC events through 2024, including the ADCC Opens, Trials, and Championship in Las Vegas in September of 2024. The partnership will kick off with ADCC Opens in Mexico in March of this year.

"Apart from UFC events, grappling is among the most popular content on UFC Fight Pass," said Crowley Sullivan, vice president and general manager, UFC Fight Pass. "We're excited to add ADCC, which is arguably the most prestigious submission grappling competition in the world, to UFC Fight Pass."

Established in 1998, ADCC is an international submission grappling competition that is held every two years and features 100 of the top grapplers from all over the world. Each event is tournament style, with winners moving forward to the ADCC Championship. Previous events have included grappling superstars such as five-time ADCC world champion Gordon Ryan, UFC Hall of Famer and former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz, and many more.

"ADCC is thrilled to work with UFC Fight Pass and showcase the brilliance of grappling to fans in the United States and around the world," said Mo Jassim, head organizer, ADCC. "This deal includes our premier event ADCC 2024 in September 2024 in Las Vegas – an event UFC Fight Pass subscribers will not want to miss."

UFC Fight Pass features live events from dozens of combat sports promotions around the world. Subscribers of the platform also have 24/7 access to the world's largest fight library featuring over 20,000 bouts, as well as every fight in UFC history.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Don't forget that Figgy was spreading social media posts inciting the Jan 8 insurrection, and that Moreno has a Mexican folk ballad about him.

I wanna hear this ballad now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Carlisle posted:

they could definitely find someone else that is a domestic abuser and will also gently caress over fighters at every opportunity

They could easily just pick someone from the Dana sycophants/fans defending ANY coverage saying "don't hit your wife after you aggressively grab her while you're drunk."

Their booking/promotion knowledge would basically be the same as Dana's at this point.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

They're able to make amateur fighters fight potentially two weeks in a row on TUF and that is a real sanctioned sport, I'm sure the official amount for slapping is however much Dana White wants you to or else he calls you a pussy on TV

They're professional fighters when they get on TUF (a few outliers though) but yeah they say it's an exhibition bout to get around the commission but keep it full rules etc.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Feb 4th card is at such a screwy time because they had been planning to hold it at one of the Olympic arenas in Seoul but then in like late December quietly said its moving to the US with no explanation.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

Realistically, Jon Jones hosed the 205-pound title lineage so bad that there hasn't been a 'real' champion since he held it, so you kind of just need to accept it and reset the clock anyway.

Snowman_McK posted:

It really doesn't matter who the real LHW champ is because it's a dogshit division where Volkan Oezdemir is still loving ranked and, while that's absurd, it's not actually wrong.

Shumagorath posted:

pretty sure there have been papacies more hosed up than jon jones’ lhw reign but today we can still agree on a pope, so-ooooo….

Having reviewed the LHW Lineal thing I made last fall or so, the UFC LHW title is on its 6th lineage (granted Jones has like 2 or 3 of those lines wrapped up in his lineage).

CarlCX posted:

[*]Lightweight: Division so bulletproof it survived a title vacancy without missing a beat, no notes

There are two vacancies in the LW division's history. The first was when Jens left the UFC as champion (iirc it was when they actually shut down the whole division) and by weird fuckery thanks to BJ Penn jumping up to LHW to fight Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones is now the holder of the UFC's original LW lineal belt.

The current title is the 2nd line and was started by Sean Sherk. Although we could argue it is the third as, technically, he was stripped. However, given that his next fight was for the LW title versus BJ Penn, its the 2nd line IMHO but that's a minor detail.

But yes, LW has been one of the UFC's greatest divisions since they first introduced it.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 26, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For those interested I post/update this thread with the lineages (and will plan to do it more regularly):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010155

For those not wanting to read that whole thread here is, to my knowledge, the most up to date lineage of the MMA LHW titles across most major orgs (I've delayed doing ONE/Rizin because....well it's Rizin and ONE has no one super notable but given their growing exposure it'll be worth doing I think.)

It is genuinely no joke that Jon Jones hosed up the LHW title lineage with his stupidity. He technically owns 3 different UFC LHW Championship lineages under his name.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 26, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gonna triple post and say that when people say Ngannou is the REAL champ, you have to remember that the UFC HW title he won was the merged title of the following organizations HW divisions: UFC lineage 1, PRIDE, Strikeforce, UFC lineage 3, & UFC lineage 5.

Losing him loses the UFC's original HW title by the law of lineage etc. It's

I need more productive things to do

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 26, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

gently caress me the floor seats for UFC 286 are £7k and the nose bleeds are £400

The cards a good one for a UK card, dgmw, but loving hell.

Cheapest I heard was 600 GBP, but even then 400 GBP is stupidly overpriced.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Bloody Elbow being dropped by Vox, ah well

The amount of people who are crooning/giggling about the layoffs and also saying "keep politics out of sport" is loving amazing given most have Dagestani fighters like Khabib or Khamzat in their avatar, or have #FreeTate/#Trump things in their bio.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amidst the BloodyElbow firings is this guy named Chris Rini who is an artist that made the MMASquared "political cartoon" style stuff BE posted. Anyway he also has a Patreon that is 100% a pro follow if you like cool art about this sport.

He puts out a book called The Fine Art of Violence that is a collection of his work (and other artists) that focuses on MMA/combat sports stuff each year and its great.

https://www.patreon.com/ChrisRini

https://chrisrini.com/

These are some of his quick croquis from the recent PPV

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

I wonder how long a full back piece makes it uncomfortable to do guard practice.

Also new thread is getting finalized, so if you've got title recommendations, toss 'em in and jesus christ let's get the gently caress out of January.

So I did a back tattoo in college across my shoulderblades and stupidly tried doing situps within a few days/less than a week.

Let me tell you, it sucks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

graph posted:

hopefully this is where i can put this

an old pal whos way more into combat sports linked this elsewhere

holy smokes look at this dude fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZcskzxMmc&t=15s

Oh nice. Def post this in the kickboxing thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630848

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 30, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Ok I change my opinion to 'this rocks'

I hope she bumps Cormier or Anik or Cruz

She wouldn't likely bump Anik. She seems more of a color commentator but also an interviewer so most likely she'll do the post fight interviews in the cage.

Lucasar posted:

I actually have grown to quite like Anik. He seems to be able to get along pretty well with everybody and seems to enjoy his job and he is always prepared. And I mostly don't even notice him which is an excellent quality in an commentator.

Cruz and Cormier drive me crazy. Rogan should never come back.

Felder and Fitzgerald are good. And Bisping is only good if he isn't paired with any other former fighters or Rogan.

What current fighters do people think would make good commentators in the future?

I feel like Angela Hill has a funny voice, a sense of humour about herself, and a ton of experience and that is a good combination.

Anthony Smith can speak well but I think he is more of the studio analyst and not a cage/ringside commentator.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also for anyone who doesn't know, there's a new Netflix Korean show called Physical 100.

It's a reality competition show where 100 male and female athletes, bodybuilders, models, etc. compete against each other in various physical tests in a sort of Squid Game inspired format where people get eliminated etc. Winner get's 300,000,000 Korean won (little under 250k USD).

Anyway Choo Sung-hoon, better known to use as Yoshihiro Akiyama, is on the show and this was what happened when he showed up. Keep in mind the rest of the contestants include Korean UDT/special forces people, members of the Korean olympic teams for wrestling, judo, etc. and they're all fanboying/fangirling over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4PILb0BnXk

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I hope he made them introduce him as sexyama there too

Probably not because that's based off his Japanese name (which I don't think he uses anymore? idk how that works) and he's more well known in Korea under his Korean name which, you know, makes more sense. I think at present he spends almost all his time in Korea cuz his youngest is in middle school here.

I mean keep in mind, he was also on a bunch of TV shows featuring him (and at times his family), as well as adverts, and doing commercials with his daughter for the past twoish decades (on top of being a top level judoka in Korea but bailing to represent Japan after some issues with racism/bullying on the Korean team).

Here is one said ad featuring him and his daughter Sarang (who in her own right was a minor celebrity because of "how cute she is")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mauDvgxiilI

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 31, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

He also sat there ominously while Stun Gun Kim murdered some kpop stars.

Who among us wouldn't want to watch as some tweeners with impeccable skin get beaten up by Stun Gun?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did some additional research on the cast for the show that include some MMA fighters and a pair of boxers. Most of the MMA guys you can skip honestly.

MMA cast members

Park Hyung-geun (5-4-2 in MMA) - 36 years old and mostly has only ever fought in ROAD FC

Yoo Sang-hoon (7-2 in MMA) - "The Korean Assassin" was seen on Contender Series in a losing effort back in 2019, then fought current (?) UFC fighter Andre Fialho in UAE Warriors. Mostly has been doing stuff in Angel's Fighting Championship which is a lower tier of Korean MMA than ROAD FC is.

Joo Dong-jo (4-0 in MMA) - Only has fought in Angel's Fighting Championship.

Kim Sang-wook (7-2 in MMA) - Also only has ever fought in AFC in Korea.

Shin Dong-guk (3-5 in MMA) - On top of doing MMA is also a firefighter and a former RoK Special Forces member. Has only fought in ROAD FC and was not very good!

Lee Dae-won (4-O in Kickboxing) - He's a Trot Singer (:confused:) who also has only ever fought in AFC and has the nickname "The Fighting Idol". Noticing a trend for Korean MMA?

Lee Ye-ji (4-6 in MMA) - Super young at 23 and had a slew of fights in ROAD that were, well, far too much for her. Her first fight, if Tapology is to be believed was against a 31-2-2 Japanese fighter when she was like 14 or 15?

Boxing cast members

Cho Hyun-mi (20-0-1 in Boxing) - Nicknamed "Defector Girl Boxer", she is the reigning WBA Women's Super Featherweight champion.

Shin Bo Mi-rae (13-1-3 in Boxing) - Also a super featherweight boxer who said she wants to be the one to beat Cho Hyun-mi in the ring. Also they had a competition against each other in episode 2 where apparently she isn't just learning boxing moves!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

oh man, Shinashi and Hisae Watanabe back to back as your first and second ever pro fights is brutal

EAST ASIAN MMA!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Here's the full text/press release

quote:

UFC, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, and PRIME, the sports drink brand founded by Logan Paul and KSI, today announced a multi-year global marketing partnership that forges an alliance between one of the most popular sports in the world and the fastest-growing hydration company.

PRIME will become the Official Global Sports Drink of UFC, providing the largest new entrant into the beverage industry with a wide range of integrations into key UFC assets, including every UFC Pay-Per-View and Fight Night, highlighted by broadcast features and never-before-seen branding inside the world-famous Octagon. Through UFC’s far-reaching global footprint, PRIME will have significant brand visibility within an estimated 900 million TV households in 175 countries that receive UFC’s broadcasts.

In addition, UFC, Logan Paul, and KSI will collaborate on original content that will be distributed through their massively popular social media channels, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. Collectively, UFC, Paul, and KSI reach nearly 400 million social media followers worldwide, which provides them with unparalleled engagement opportunities with their loyal fans.

“We’re excited to name PRIME the Official Sports Drink of UFC and an official partner of the UFC Performance Institute,” said UFC President Dana White. “Logan and KSI have worked hard to build PRIME into the best-tasting, hottest sports drink on the market. With their massive social media following and UFC’s global reach, we’re going to get the PRIME brand in front of hundreds of millions of fans all over the world. Whether you’re a professional athlete or if you just love working out, PRIME should be your first choice for a go-to sports drink.”

"I’ve been a fan of UFC for as long as I can remember, so having the opportunity to partner with them and amplify the PRIME brand is a check off the bucket list,” said Logan Paul, PRIME co-Founder. “Together, we are a global powerhouse and this collaboration is sure to extend far beyond the Octagon with an opportunity to give back in the process with the UFC Foundation."

“This partnership enables us to tap into UFC’s fan base and reach a massive global audience across multiple platforms, giving us the ability to flex our marketing muscles and prove we are a dominating force in the industry," continued PRIME co-Founder KSI.

BRANDED INTEGRATIONS AND ENTITLEMENTS

As UFC’s new Official Global Sports Drink Partner, PRIME’s visibility will be highlighted by unprecedented branding in the Octagon at all UFC Pay-Per-Views and Fight Nights, as well as at Dana White's Contender Series and The Ultimate Fighter. The new branding will include ownership of the Octagon’s well-known ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ corners, which will be re-named PRIME Hydration Recovery Zones. PRIME’s corner branding will also be included on the newly launched Octagon-shaped Cornermen Stool, which UFC has developed to coincide with its 30th anniversary celebration campaign this year.

PRIME will also be named the exclusive Presenting Sponsor for all UFC Pay-Per-View weigh ins, providing PRIME key brand placement during the UFC fight week event that highlights the importance of proper hydration. UFC will also provide PRIME with branding opportunities within UFC’s state-of-the-art Performance Institutes in Las Vegas and Shanghai, as the beverage company will be named an Official Partner of UFC Performance Institute and will become the Presenting Sponsor of the Performance Institute’s Hydration Stations.

Finally, the new partnership will offer a unique, first-of-its-kind marketing activation, as PRIME will be named an inaugural Presenting Partner of the UFC Foundation, an officially recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. UFC and PRIME will strategically collaborate to develop a charitable youth program that will be administered in under-resourced communities.

PRIME will make its UFC debut around UFC 284: MAKHACHEV vs. VOLKANOVSKI, which takes place this Saturday, February 11, at RAC Arena in Perth, Australia. In the main event, UFC featherweight champion and No.1 Men’s Pound-for Pound, Alexander “The Great” Volkanovski will take on newly crowned UFC lightweight champion, Islam Makhachev in a five round championship bout.

With bold, thirst-quenching flavors to help refresh, replenish, and refuel, PRIME's goal is to create a drink that can fuel any lifestyle. Available in a range of flavours that include orange, grape, ice pop, blue raspberry, lemon lime and tropical punch, each drink comes with added nutritional benefits to compliment taste. PRIME has a coconut water base and boasts BCAA to aid muscle recovery, B vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

Remember when Dana took everyone's sponsors away for Reebok because he wanted to clean up the sport and make it look less like NASCAR? Good times

Thing is, the cage always looked like a NASCAR covered mess (a bit less than now). They just wanted a bigger cut of the sponsorship money and to prevent fighters from doing advertising of a brand on a card they weren't tied into.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Was that when stun gun slapped someone for talking poo poo or something?
That description also reminded me of that classic Yoel bit when Masvidal said he'd brought back up somewhere and the camera panned over to Yoel sitting in like a dark corner of the room looking terrifying.

There was a trend in KPop music videos for a while where the group/singer got killed off in a "gangster" style way at the end of a video for some stupid reason.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Logan Paul is the elder one who filmed the dead body in the "suicide forest" in Japan and posted it as his thumbnail and made jokes about the guy being dead. (On top of other semi-racist poo poo he did there). He boxed Floyd Mayweather in an exhibition bout. Dana praised Logan and said maybe to when Logan posited he could compete in the UFC.

Jake Paul is the younger one who KO'd Woodley & Askren and fought Anderson Silva recently and whose management company MVP Promotions signed a deal with PFL and is set to fight in their "Super Fight Division" etc. He is the one Dana hates.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also there was this today on ESPN by DC's co-host for his MMA podcast/show.

https://twitter.com/SpringSpringB/status/1620728670536232966

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hey that stupid as gently caress idiot Dana White and his equally stupid as gently caress Power Slap league is promoting their poo poo on Rumble.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1620589932271267840

That's right, the white power ~alternative~ to YouTube has the Dana White Power Slap League.

Also lmao that UFC is having to poo poo out these sort of tweets rather than divorce itself of that stuff.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

COPE 27 posted:

How do the ufcs owners let their employee use company resources to promote a competitor that their employer owns

I assume, much like the DWCS, it is somehow under the Endeavor umbrella or failing that there's some Company A paying Company B poo poo that keeps the money inhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She left MMA stuff due to the pandemic and iirc is doing freelance voice acting/voice over work these days.

Edit - oh, seems she also does photography for pro wrestling these days.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 1, 2023