Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

No way am I paying $80 for anything the UFC puts out. loving hell.

Spaced God posted:

Lobster and Carl and everyone else who puts so much loving effort into writing so many words about people punching each other for an internet forum are forever the goats

Big yes to both of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Good poo poo as always, Carl. Priscila and Sijara are fighting for the title of "biggest shithead in WMMA" and I'm hoping for a double KO No Contest

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ngannou stomping on heads and using grounded knees in One or Rizin is gonna be horrifying

Although lmao if he just goes over to Bellator or some lame poo poo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ngannou vs Bader lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

kimbo305 posted:

I’m being serious here when I say that maybe you should take a hard look at being an MMA fan. The number of people involved in it and other combat sports far outweighs slap fighting, as do the number of fencing response highlight pictures from fights.
I assume that the slap fighters only train offense, so they also wouldn’t get the volume of subconcussive blows.

I'm sure Jerusalem, who's been watching MMA with us for years at this point, is mostly fine with seeing people get knocked unconscious. I felt the exact same thing he did, as well

chaleski fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 21, 2023

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm sure Dana tried to find a way to make them do it for free

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They're able to make amateur fighters fight potentially two weeks in a row on TUF and that is a real sanctioned sport, I'm sure the official amount for slapping is however much Dana White wants you to or else he calls you a pussy on TV

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cruz is easily the worst and I'd love it if I never heard him on the mic ever again. Sanko, Olivi, or Angie would all be worlds better.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bring back Snoop and Urijah

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Remember when Dana took everyone's sponsors away for Reebok because he wanted to clean up the sport and make it look less like NASCAR? Good times

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This slow-motion replay showing a dude get kicked in the nuts is brought to you by Dude Wipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

What did they do to get a harsher treatment than the one that literally had “reich” in the name?

They used to (still do?) blur Affliction clothes because they did their own MMA promotion, I'm guessing they dared to oppose the UFC somehow