Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Maybe Dana will finally suffer conseque ahahahaha no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

if he retires, dana will just have more time to indulge in his hobbies, chief among them appears to be spousal abuse

Would've thought steroids or joe rogan podcasts

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bucky Fullminster posted:

2023 is off to an Annus Horribilus kind of start for Dana:

https://twitter.com/PFLMMA/status/1610988359668621313?s=20

Which is kind of disappointing, I'll admit to having enjoyed his post-fight press conferences. Although the guy in Paris did good too.

Gunning straight for the ufc.

Is it steroids that make your face all puffy like that ?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NO! NO! NO!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CarlCX posted:

Abdul Razak Alhassan (11-5)
Abdul Razak Alhassan was 2016's most exciting new divisional judo-boxer,

This confused the hell out of me because my first thought was "Didn't I watch Razak Al-Hassan's arm explode like 15 years ago? Is he competing under a full name now or something"? :cripes:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CarlCX posted:

This gave me fits for like a year after Abdul's debut.

I do it every time he fights. Looking it up to make sure I'm not crazy I did find out that razak al-hassan doesn't have a wikipedia page

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

blue footed boobie posted:

Dana said some stuff: https://sports.yahoo.com/dana-white-francis-ngannou-rejected-143034354.html

Now I’m no expert but I think that there may be a serious flaw in the UFC’s business plan when that’s an option for the heavyweight champion.

"Dana how would you say you're handling this slap in the face, about as well as your wife ?"

Dana should be asked about it at every opportunity

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Boco_T posted:

Shooto's still alive and has that Abema contract, Pancrase has a Youtube channel you can subscribe to worldwide to watch their shows but it's $15 a month, lol.

Didn't pancrase switch to unified rules and.kove away from their weird wrestler-palm-slap ruleset?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

Tanya Nijjar's big friend, Diesel

I love big dogs that think they're small dogs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lmao cagepotato. That takes me back

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

what are the actual rules for dana white power slapping

can you just palm strike someone in the temple? does it have to hit the cheek? are there rules on not hitting someone with the heel of your palm? undefended strikes to the head are crazy poo poo. streetbeefs was more respectable than this, at least they pretended to care about safety

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is the dana white power slap house like the tuf house where one loss puts you out of the competition or is it an actual league? Being sanctioned, wouldn't anyone who gets KOed or concussed be shelved by the commission for a while?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

Fight Lawyer Erik Magraken found this in part of Power Slap's regulations:

https://twitter.com/erikmagraken/status/1617244553404383232

Unreal stuff. Imagine having poo poo luck and losing a few coin flips in a row, you could get put in the shadow realm every six days without ever defending yourself or even throwing (?) a slap

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CarlCX posted:

According to posts by both men on social media that I'm not going to link here because who cares, the UFC is putting together a new season of The Ultimate Fighter with coaches Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson. I am quietly waiting for Ferguson to somehow show up in the top fifteen again around the time the season ends.

That's dumb as hell

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

TheKingslayer posted:

Can't wait for a totally washed Tony to wrestle the poo poo out of and submit a winded, roided up Conor.

Conor yelling "fookin counter" for 10 minites while his fighter gets picked apart then trying to go rampage on a door but falling over because the door is bigger than him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CarlCX posted:

I wonder how long a full back piece makes it uncomfortable to do guard practice.

Also new thread is getting finalized, so if you've got title recommendations, toss 'em in and jesus christ let's get the gently caress out of January.

I'm already excited for the dogs of february posts

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bluedeanie posted:

Bring Back Mike Goldberg

He definitely wasn't the best, but he was enthusiastic

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Joey McChrist posted:

CONDOM DEPOT

also miss the angry bad boy eyes on the asses on multiple fighters

I never knew what the eyes were advertising but they were great

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Prime energy drink is the one that people over here in the UK have been going feral over, selling for upwards of £10 a bottle and as high as £100 for a crate. Barely flavoured coconut water, apparently.

KSI and Paul are also conspicuously not actually ingesting the drink on any of the adverts.

Is it? I hadn't noticed anything about it.

Didn't Paul just sign a big deal with one or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

Also there was this today on ESPN by DC's co-host for his MMA podcast/show.

https://twitter.com/SpringSpringB/status/1620728670536232966

I can't take fighters named gilbert seriously. Can only see them as giblerts