Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
No way am I paying $80 for anything the UFC puts out. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Nystral posted:

Could you VPN to a different region and pay less?
They cracked down hard a few years back, but I feel like it got easier again. I have to wonder if they realized it was better to get something than nothing as the jump from VPN to illegal streaming and torrents is very small.

But, more to the point: Given what percentage goes to fighters vs what Dana’s about to split in the divorce….

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

Tbh men being able to hit women who hit them first has become an opinion on Reddit that’s basically universally popular, and Redditors will pile on with comments supporting the man in any situation like that. It’s not just a UFC fan thing.
1) Dana’s head alone is bigger than his entire wife
2) He grabbed her wrist first and got a faint whiff of what the mother of his kids feels about all the coke and cheating

someone kamikaze that into reddit if you feel like it; I’ve gone this long without making an account

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
CBC News picked up Dana’s Wife Power Slap, and the last time they paid attention to MMA was Elias Theodorou’s death. Hopefully that’s an indication the story has enough reach and staying power to nudge Dana into retirement.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kensei posted:

Am I the only one who wants to see the UFC buy another Coker org and close it, because :lol:
<plays Circle Of Life on a tiny piano>

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
can we compromise and get a show about adult sheldon being slapped

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

tesilential posted:

I’d bet Dana is much more valuable then we think he is but less valuable than he thinks he is.

MassRafTer posted:

If Dana was suspended with pay for 60 days and couldn't make any media appearances or business decisions he would go completely insane. He is addicted to running a company. You could fine him a million dollars and it would mean less to him than being in charge and getting to tell reporters off.

"Valuable" maybe forming a near-perfect circle with "crushes labour organization", but I agree with both points.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

The Dana White believers are massing about it, but there's this ostensibly reasonable and neutral position of "of course the UFC doesn't want their champion boxing and getting obliterated by Tyson Fury, that would ruin him and keep him off the shelf for a year," and it's like, we literally did this, Mayweather making Conor look like the world's biggest goober did absolutely nothing to him but brought new eyes onto the sport and made the UFC a big cut of millions of dollars, and they already made an interim champ and froze him for a year because it was vaguely more convenient to their interests
Don’t forget that we got the most racist and homophobic press tour since Aldo vs Conor; hmm seeing a pattern here

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It warms my heart that Shooto is still alive (and hopefully so is that guy)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
the baby has since washed out of a TUF season

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Angry_Ed posted:

It's so stupid they might as well just do groin kicks and name it "Dana White's 'Ow my Balls' League"
Lineal champions Keith Hackney and Mr. T

e: and Andrew Golota

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 20, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kensei posted:

I laughed pretty hard at this, thank you

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Also lolling that the only mentions I've seen of it online are various ufc fighters talking about how loving stupid it is.
Finally some fighter tweets worth posting...?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

finally watched that white power slap festival and if you find that poo poo entertaining than gently caress you
Warming to the idea of Dana White’s Ow My Balls but instead of striking the ruleset is slow, deliberate, homoerotic pinching

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

Competitive Endurance Tickling

Dana White's Competitive Tickling Endurance League

Bucky Fullminster posted:

This really should be banned immediately, and I'm kind of shocked that it hasn't been.
He's not even putting his legs into it like the other clip I saw. Just loving awful; worse safety precautions than Jackass.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

2 points if you say “no homo”
KO if you say “bro, stop!”
Obey my commands at all times
Maintain eye contact at all times

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
ah but u participate in combat sporting; curious!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

I’ve received a concussion in a kickboxing match, one that more or less spelled the end of my willingness to compete, and I still teach kickboxing now. I stew over the ethics a lot.
It's ok, I understand that perspective. I've never fought for money and been very lucky with my neurological / other health related to combat sports, but a friend of mine can't even hold Thai pads without getting dizzy these days.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TheKingslayer posted:

It's perfectly fine to have your own limits on what you're comfortable with in combat sports. I personally don't care for stomps and soccer kicks (grounded knees are fine).
Yeah... as Wanderlei Silva Fan A #1 when I first got into MMA, I thought that was the coolest thing ever, but noted firearms trafficker Dr. Johnny Benjamin made the excellent point that any untrained idiot can break someone's neck with either of those techniques.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bluedeanie posted:

The only thing hypocritical is that we are complaining about slapfighting and yet that is the very thing we are doing in this thread
We’ve been doing it for over a decade and failed to monetize it.

It’s simple: we sue the bald man

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

UFC is like watching high level Starcraft, slap fighting is like watching your 8 year old play checkers. But both with brain damage.
Is Anderson-Forrest Boxer's 12-Carrier Lockdown?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

e: what I'm trying to say is I'm a dirty degenerate, but even I won't watch slap fighting.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

Also, grats CarlCX for not being in last

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
posting on SA has made me less able to function in public than any accumulated head trauma

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
not only did Jackass pay better, I’m pretty sure the Kenny Rogers Jackass sketch paid better

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t watch anything ufc live anymore and just catch finishes the next day from alternative sources. I’m so soured by dana white’s horseshit that I’m struggling even to do that.
This >< close to stealing all PPVs and just donating to good fighters on Patreon or something?

sub 2 my KOnlyFans?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

I'm glad that I enjoy MMA the sport itself enough to continue caring as much as I do, because yeah, it's loving tough. As someone who spends most weeks researching reasons people should care about Ridley Ribeiro, the fourteenth-degree black belt with a 72-1 record on the regional circuit who'll be facing 49-0 thirteen-time international sambo champion Luka Dončić (no relation) on the prelims of #7 Sean Strickland vs #14 A Coatrack, it's tough even before you get into The Nothing slowly consuming the good parts of the sport and replacing them with right-wing rallies and slap leagues.
Atreyu vs The Nothing had better hype than any card I’ve seen in years.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I have never not clicked anything as much as I am not clicking that.

But I also want to rate it as multiple of Shogun-Randleman…. :thunkgun:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
pretty sure there have been papacies more hosed up than jon jones’ lhw reign but today we can still agree on a pope, so-ooooo….

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
JFC who was the last champ to lose badly and take a gimme fight before their rematch?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Did a Tesla mistake his swollen red self for a fire truck?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

I wonder how long a full back piece makes it uncomfortable to do guard practice.
With the old gauze bandages or stupid saran wrap method, you don't want to roll while the scab is healing or the tattoo will look like poo poo. With the new Gore-Tex bandages he could be back on the mats in two weeks.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I doubt they’ll bump Anik. Talking that much without constantly loving up is a fairly unique skill.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I don’t think any two can claim all-time great GDT posters worthy of their own booth; it was always a team effort, like that one guy who swore to suck his own dick if Melendez-Alvarez wasn’t “amazing”.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 1, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lid posted:

Apparently in old footage Praetorion is now blurred after being banned as a sponsor in 2013
What did they do to get a harsher treatment than the one that literally had “reich” in the name?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ilmucche posted:

I never knew what the eyes were advertising but they were great
Bad Boy. I think they still sell surf wear (which is where a lot of the old MMA / no-gi BJJ gear came from).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Nierbo posted:

Who's the fighter other than Gaetchie that has the bad boy logo tattooed on em?
I think Randleman had eyes on his back…?