Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will the light-heavyweight title somehow stay vacant again?
This poll is closed.
Another split draw 6 17.65%
Glover Teixeira pulls out citing old man hips 9 26.47%
Jamahal Hill gets TKOed during his weight cut by way of Bathtub 9 26.47%
Fight cancelled when Jiří Procházka throws a dolly at the fighter bus 10 29.41%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Dana v Cris Cyborg outta be the first power slap contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
loving new years is bringing out the worst in people.

This reads like it was auto translated, but it gets the jist of what is known about Baroni out
https://www.facebook.com/440632229285123/posts/pfbid02TNTMCTZaayccmUjnkLZwbCWmr1g8SwGe2nDj88M4vrgyAU6vmNnJgPXiVmgz3LiXl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I guess his wife/girlfriend told him she cheated on him

Destro fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 4, 2023

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Jake is growing on me, its finally a cold day in hell.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Also its questionable how much he's training and if he has a coach not to mention the damage he's already accrued. He was pretty out of shape his last fight IIRC. I feel like bare knuckle is where fighters that should retire go to get forcibly retired.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I really want to see what kind of numbers Francis was offered. At any rate hoping that he actually fights at some point.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Yeah what was it

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Ngannou was offered a large chunk of money. Says right around 8 million so it was probably more than that. But they wouldn't entertain any of his other wants.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/01/ufc-news-francis-ngannou-explains-departure-future-next-fight

I see 8 million and I know I could retire comfortably at 39 with that and it's far more than any other fighters get. Seems like he's happy with his decision though who knows maybe he'll get an 8 figure payday against Tyson Fury or something, though I think that would be more likely if he crushed a few more challengers.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I know that's why I said they didn't negotiate with his other wants.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Google Butt posted:

the last good fight was Conor vs Diaz 1

you should watch more fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I look around and see shitheels in every kind of field, they don't all exist just in MMA.

That said powerslap is loving dumb though.