Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lucking foser
Jan 10, 2023
i wish i had cool drag friends when i wasnt a loving lump and i still looked good and felt good to do cool gay man in womens clothes poo poo like grope very clearly and obviously homophobic white men in outings deliberately scoping out old boys bars where the same people drink at the same time in the same place every loving day and look cockeyed at anybody that walks in that they dont immediately recognize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah cool thanks for posting that

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's definitely something to the newer generation being sheltered, for lack of a better word. This sounds like boomer posting but the old guard of drag did grow up and perform in a much rougher and dangerous environment, ending up with a thicker skin. I think we can all agree it wasn't a good thing that they had to but it shaped the culture we have today. I don't know how you can transfer that culture down to the next generation without that context but I'm interested to see how they'll try.

Just makes me think of this (and laugh again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFcmsoqcfpA

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
Realistically any adult gay person here has probably lived through something very similar to this and knows what it's about, being gay and having sex 20 years ago was so startlingly unrecognizable to what it is now that having it pop up in other industries should be a pleasant surprise since you know how to think your way through it if you got this far.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Apparently Mistress is 24(!), so it's not necessarily an age thing to not get older-school drag culture

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Zvahl posted:

Realistically any adult gay person here has probably lived through something very similar to this and knows what it's about, being gay and having sex 20 years ago was so startlingly unrecognizable to what it is now that having it pop up in other industries should be a pleasant surprise since you know how to think your way through it if you got this far.

lol remember hooking up on gay.com? Oof

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently Mistress is 24(!),

this floors me

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

show bad

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I didn't realize the show is going back to an hour this season. I'm hoping that's an hour with minimal to no commercials, because we still have 15 queens left.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Apparently the show right after Drag Race is Real Friends of WeHo which just added Todrick to the cast so some people are real mad that Todrick is still messing with Drag Race from beyond the grave and cutting into the runtime.

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently Mistress is 24(!), so it's not necessarily an age thing to not get older-school drag culture

That is wild to me but starting drag underage is pretty on brand for old school drag

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

lol remember hooking up on gay.com? Oof

I do, quite well. I also met my now husband on there.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

Out of drag, the twins are def the Venture Brothers, right?

Thank you, I will never unsee this.

gandlethorpe posted:

noooo

... No. NO? No.

edit: this makes me more critical of her entrance, the pads and hip belt-danglies were giving very droopy, she should shape for more upward momentum on the hips. I am a fat-assed bitch, so this comes from a place of love. Do not droop your thighs downward for the audience automatically!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038p1RB-g6Y

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jan 11, 2023

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pinwiz11 posted:

I didn't realize the show is going back to an hour this season. I'm hoping that's an hour with minimal to no commercials, because we still have 15 queens left.

Nah, it's been 'an hour' since season 10, that means 60-63 minutes of show, 90 minutes of tv air time, season 9 and before it was 60 minutes of air time but 42 minutes of show.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I wish this was a non-elimination!! This cast is so good and I can already sense this season will be an all-timer. Anetra had my favourite talent show performance ever the moment she bounced up from that dip with her bionic spine.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I dunno if anything can beat Ra'jah's speed-sewing, in my eyes... :allears:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ra’jah’s speed sew is also my favourite and most memorable but I have a soft spot for dela’s burlesque because it embodies her drag so perfectly

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Shneak posted:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I wish this was a non-elimination!!

Just wait until week 37 of season 15.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The number of people in this thread forgetting about the world-shattering performance of Same Parts by Tatiana is homophobic.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I liked Manilla's upside down painting

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Flyinglemur posted:

I liked Manilla's upside down painting

Yeah it was so goofy and fun and perfectly manila

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

speaking of goofy,
I had never seen this performance from Ginger and I really enjoy it. I buy in 1000%. God. Would go see her perform yesterday, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHnwH3r9CgA

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently Mistress is 24(!)

What the gently caress. What the HELL.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
Some people age well, some age less well, and some are Danny Devito finally being on drag race so be nice.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just thought of the best gag for an All Stars lipsync where they do the whole "who is that??" thing and then the lipsync assassin is Ruvealed to be one of the current contestants and the camera cuts back to the queens and she's suddenly not sitting with them.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
really strong cast this season!

the twins are moderately obnoxious but as others have posted they seem eager to learn and aren't too arrogant

Salina Estitties is a friend of mine from waaaaay back lol. I'd forgotten she got into drag, that was after we kind of lost touch. She's really good and I've gotta root for her.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/kornbreadTMFS/status/1613617416776335360

Been saying this for years. :colbert: She's the most criminally overlooked of the franchise.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She deserved that music video parody challenge win :colbert:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

https://twitter.com/kornbreadTMFS/status/1613617416776335360

Been saying this for years. :colbert: She's the most criminally overlooked of the franchise.

gandlethorpe posted:

She deserved that music video parody challenge win :colbert:

I wholeheartedly agree. She was great, and I think she was the victim of Ru pushing for a Kennedy win, even when force Kennedy wins even when she wasn't deserving. That music video parody challenge was one of those.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The music video win was definitely rigga morris, but I do think Kennedy's Snatch Game was worthy of a solo win for the risky choice in addition to being one of the funniest in a surprisingly strong SG. Seriously, for all the flak S7 gets for doing a bunch of acting/comedy challenges with non-comedy queens, they did one of the best SGs.

On a tangential note, Yuhua deserves an AS spot too. I hope her work on Bootleg Opinions is enough to get on WoW's radar. She just reviewed the S15 entrance looks with Pangina (and releasing the runway video soon). Looking back at them, Mistress's entrance look is :perfect:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I am liking this season so far. The bedroom queens are fine. The pageant queens are fine. Sasha Colby is amazing, and making me question my gayness. Anetra is unexpectedly delightful.

Ra’jah’s 1 minute sew is still the best talent of all the talent shows.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Fritz the Horse posted:

Salina Estitties is a friend of mine from waaaaay back lol. I'd forgotten she got into drag, that was after we kind of lost touch. She's really good and I've gotta root for her.

My wife and I have been walking around our house saying "EssssssssTitties" to each other the entire week, her name is just so much fun to say.

Zvahl posted:

Some people age well, some age less well, and some are Danny Devito finally being on drag race so be nice.

To me it's more that Mistress has the personality and perspective of a woman who has been on this earth way longer than 24 years.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Noise Machine posted:

To me it's more that Mistress has the personality and perspective of a woman who has been on this earth way longer than 24 years.

It's definitely this. I was shocked at her age when it was mentioned but after thinking it's quite clear that she's still young if you look at her. It's her vibe that gives the impression of a much older queen.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It doesn't help that she said that where she's from, she's considered one of the younger queens because the queens there are so seasoned. That gives the impression that she's actually quite old, but still treated like a newbie. But it's also such a 24 year old thing to say, that they're not young anymore.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Yeah, this season is stacked. I really love most, if not all of the queens. They really brought their A-game! It's going to be sad every sashay.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Watched some UK dragcon stuff with Juno Birch, who is perfect, to me.

If you ever get a chance to see her live it’s absolutely worth it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Estitties is just an unreasonably fun thing to say

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Salina was going through some pretty tough personal poo poo when we lost contact, super glad to see she's bounced back and is an incredibly confident and powerful drag queen.

She went to school for dance and is gonna bust out some moves at some point I'm sure.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Salina's my favorite based solely on from the RuVeal/MtQs. I love my drag queens loud and extra.

Apparently she was on an episode of the Legends of the Hidden Temple reboot with a friend.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Fritz the Horse posted:

She went to school for dance and is gonna bust out some moves at some point I'm sure.

You piqued my interest, but now you have my attention

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Noise Machine posted:

You piqued my interest, but now you have my attention

her personal facebook says she studied Musical Theatre at American Musical and Dramatic Academy and Dance at EDGE Performing Arts Studio. her facebook ain't linked on her instagram or linktree so I won't share it here though her boy / out of drag identity isn't a secret or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Bob’s tour is canceled so now the gay people in my wife’s phone are convinced that All Stars: All Winners 2 is coming.