Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

RPDRUK finale track record begged Ginger to win, but the final lipsync was totally Michael Marouli’s win. She’s right, she pissed all over that stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Drimble Wedge posted:

CDR: That lipsynch absolutely had a clear winner, but clearly the producers want to keep this drama train rolling, and I'm here for it.

Kiki's dress: holy poo poo :allears:

I liked the premise of this design challenge; I can't stand it when they're given a bunch of random crap like plastic dustpans to make something with.

CDR: WOW. Completely agree. The camera LOVED that specific queen. She embodies the song. BTW, I can't stand when bratty stunt queens say, "Can you even do the splits?" Excuse me, bitch, but Latrice OWNED Kenya even when she was doing stunts everywhere. It's about making the song yours, getting the meaning. I wanted her gone so bad. To keep her was just to cause drama. I'm over her.

Also, Melinda, gurl, you aren't being Jan-ed. Jan deserved to explode; you don't, it's still early to give up because the judges, "don't like you." Also, aesthetically speaking, not to critique her too much, but her makeup isn't up to par with the other queens, as is, unfortunately, her outfits and wigs. She always looks kind of dirty, ruddy, and unpolished. She gives good talking-head though. Obviously, she has personality.

I am HYPE for the next episode. Snatch Game is all about personality, being funny, taking on a role, and pulling it off. Some of these fashion queens better watch it. Although I'm worried for our ESL queens. Typically they don't do as well because the humor is different or they can't get across a joke. Brooklyn asking for the music to stop? Interesting. Insert Ru with opera spectacles saying, "I can't wait to see how this turns out." :getin:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just watched CDR :aaaaa:

Also, any excuse to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9H3AMzbv4E

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Drag Race needs more queens like Melinda and Loosey. Yeah, I said it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dragula: The Dorito Method was a v cute scene. was v glad to see them goofing around again together in the credits b-roll

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

we went from one of the best elimination challenges ever to one of the worst. so far this season has hewed to my expectations with the exception of blackberri showing up. nio’s look and floor show this episode is my favourite of the season so far by far. the girl is versatile!!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I love Throb so much. Sorry their book-gag didn’t work, but that look truly was two different looks the way most weren’t. Not sad to see Cynthia go home. She was :mediocre: in the middle of all this awesomeness in the top six.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
As someone who is not in the know, what did Jay Kay do to get the reaction she got here?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Flyinglemur posted:

As someone who is not in the know, what did Jay Kay do to get the reaction she got here?

I don't think they did anything in particular, their on-show personality may have not sat well with people. I didn't mind Jay Kay, but I was ready to see them go.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
On the show, they were a bit of a drama elemental, and their looks just weren't that great and they should've been eliminated sooner. Nothing super outrageous. I don't know about the Plane Jane Incident.

It stood out because there's not a lot of other drama on this season. The second they left the Boulets realized that they have to stir the pot themselves!

Just watched the new episode last night:

Blackberri's Pharaonic Tokusatsu look was amazing and they deserved the win. Throb is consistently excellent but I agree on the hat. (When the star of Terrifier 2 tells you to edit, listen!) I like Orkgotik but I'm tired of their kinda samey, blobby looks and they shoulda been the one to go home this time around.

I don't understand why Niohuru hasn't already mastered the Dorito Method. Aren't you used to constantly expecting to be violently assaulted and positioning your body accordingly?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 14, 2023

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

they were confident and adept at performing but their looks were basic and busted, the other competitors kept reading them for their perceived lack of craftsmanship and attention to detail, and it caused them to get defensive and in their feelings. after they took their little l on dragula for a lacklustre cosmic girl look they signal boosted another performer’s accusation of sexual assault regarding a contestant on the upcoming season of rupaul’s drag race, which was later somewhat debunked once someone posted a receipt video of the performance in question. they never walked it back. just a little bit of virtual insanity.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
OrkGotik has the opposite problem that Blackberri does, where their looks are “I don’t know what in the hell that is, but I know it’s an OrkGotik look.” IMO I think it’s a bullshit critique either way.

Cynthia Doll pushing those catchphrases HARD throughout this competition, she’s got a warehouse full of T-shirts ready to go

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 14, 2023

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Orkgotik looks pretty gothic, but not much like any orc I've ever seen.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKhKEGkhJU

New twist, the judges apparently aren't judging the queens, the queens are doing the judging. Basically All Stars rules.

Ugh

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 15, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The past two CDR episodes have made one of the most satisfying and entertaining story arcs ever, and it would not have been possible without the twist

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

panko posted:

after they took their little l on dragula for a lacklustre cosmic girl look
I'm a little disappointed that somebody did a green alien truck stop prostitute and nobody even used the phrase "lot lizard"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I feel like the UV challenge was just too hard.

I'm also tired of Orkgotik and think they're going too easy on them compared to every other previous mask queen

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

big black turnout posted:

I feel like the UV challenge was just too hard.

I'm also tired of Orkgotik and think they're going too easy on them compared to every other previous mask queen

Honestly? I think it's because he gives good talking head and they're waiting for him to be in the bottom with Niohuru for the ANGST. But seeing how amazing Niohuru is... I doubt that's going to happen, but it's reality TV so they can manufacture that situation handily.

When Orkgotik is good, he's good, but his point of view fits only some of the categories they judge. They only like that he HAS a specific vision for his work, as opposed to the bullshit Blackberri critique. "You don't know who you are." Bitch, she can be a jack of all trades AND a master of all trades.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ork occasionally looks as hodgepodge paper-maché as jay did. he brings interesting if sometimes inscrutable concepts to every floor show which is great but I wouldn’t be surprised or disappointed if he didn’t make the finals (right now I’m thinking nio/throb/berri with nio getting the bloodbath)

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

The past two CDR episodes have made one of the most satisfying and entertaining story arcs ever, and it would not have been possible without the twist

Guuuuuurl. It was totally amazing. I save you, you save me, for SURE. Slight shade though, they NEVER show Julia Fox, quite possibly because she sucked too, but they want to keep Denim. But the ones that sucked, were just AWFUL. If there had been a bottom four, Nearah/Coolidge #2 would have been it for sure. Kinda wanted her against Luna, just so someone could kick the other out.

EDIT: As for next week's episode, I'm worried for Kitten Caboodle. She's the oldest queen and she specifically said in her interviews she doesn't do death drops or splits. If she doesn't luck out with a ballad against all these acrobatic queens, well... I'm just saying it'd suck to see her go.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 17, 2023

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

CDR has been good for drama this season but godawful for performances.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"I didn't see your ineffable spiritual essence" is a gibberish fake critique that's used in every competitive reality show, especially cooking shows

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Has anyone been to this year's Jinkx and Dela show (or any others post the covid movie release)? I forced invited some straight friends to watch the movie with me last year and they were delighted, and want to do a re-do this year. I'm thrilled of course, but also wonder if I should spring for the current year's show that streams on the 21st.

I trust that it isn't a reprise, but can anyone who's already seen it this year weigh in on how different it is? Totally new, or ? Would love to just buy it in support of them but I am a poorshit.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I'm really enjoying Throb in Dragula. Their priest look was so excellent and they're really the only one who gave multiple looks. Boy did they pick a fight with the one person there who is likely to pick one back though!

Loved basically everything that comes out of Cynthia's mouth. Loved Fantasia coming in holding the baby.

Not loving the romance subplot! It is just so fake and cringe to me.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dragula: Obvious Top 3 is Obvious. If they made it a Top 4 and gave Blackberri a shot I wouldn't mind...

Beyond that a very fun challenge and Org deserved the win.

And three weeks until the next episode? (Four if you decide to skip the reunion?) Fair, but I was also loving the idea of being subversive and say "Yes, we're releasing the next episode on Xmas. So what?"

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Can Dragula please stop taking bachelor party activities and calling them fright feats and exterminations

That S1 wading pool filled with mud was more entertaining and horrific than this

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Forget about the contest for a minute. Is Kevin Smith dying?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Halloween Jack posted:

Forget about the contest for a minute. Is Kevin Smith dying?

He purposely lost the weight after a heart attack

e: I know it's a shock to see him if you weren't aware of the change.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I remembered that that happened, but I saw him in his crowdfunded Jay and Silent Bob and he looked thinner but not, y'know, Thinner.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
A heartwarming holiday miracle, a Trixie and Katya Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQJwgcA_t9c

I love Katya so much

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Halloween Jack posted:

I remembered that that happened, but I saw him in his crowdfunded Jay and Silent Bob and he looked thinner but not, y'know, Thinner.

His diet got a bit out of control and he wouldn't eat several days out of the week. He also had a breakdown last year and gave up smoking weed and is seeing a therapist so hopefully he does put some weight back on, but hearing him talk about how he'll just skip all 3 meals in a day was.. upsetting

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Another top tier episode of Canada's Drag Race. This lip sync tournament beats any of the American ones, both in fairness and suspense.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

gandlethorpe posted:

Another top tier episode of Canada's Drag Race. This lip sync tournament beats any of the American ones, both in fairness and suspense.

I agree, however I'm still so sad about who went home :(

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I love that they got to choose their matchups; it was an innovative way of doing things rather than the rigged boxes. (apparently on US RPDR, when the Pit Crew come out with briefcases containing song choices, all the briefcases are the same song)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct4r49

BBC posted:

Thorgy Thor’s drag name actually comes from her Norwegian ski-jumping, Olympic medallist grandfather, Thor. And that name has taken her from tiny gay bars in Brooklyn to sell-out shows in theatres around the US where she now performs violin with a full orchestra. Thorgy has spent decades trying to bring together these two loves: classical music and drag. Our reporter Nick de la Canal joins the pioneering drag queen at one of her performances.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

And in riggamorris. So many performances that embody the song better, shirked for showboaty bullshit.

The winner was SO smart. Way to get rid of a queen you hate and the biggest threat, while saving a queen that could possibly save your rear end later on AND inure yourself to another alliance.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://twitter.com/sparklypens/status/1739258442827620405

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

First 12 minutes of the new season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soBVqx6bDbE

I'm working on the new thread, I hope to have it up before broadcast. :)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The immediate shading of TikTok queens sent me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Can I have a non spoiler view on whether the latest season of Dragula is worth watching?