Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

studio mujahideen posted:

losing rie matsumoto between seasons was i think one of the biggest killers for bbb s2. feel like she was crucial to the insane energy of the first season

i'm so mad how little she's worked on since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i'm so mad how little she's worked on since then

shes apparently trying to make an original movie basically out of her own pocket which explains all the chocolate and pokemon ads shes worked on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is kind of like saying the Akira movie ending encapsulates the ending just fine. It's true, but like, there's more, and lots of people would like to have seen those bits.

I'm just saying that I don't think people should skip out on the original show because it doesn't end the way the manga does. The ending the show has works for the show and it's a banger of a final fight. It's not a Game of Thrones Season 8 shitshow retroactively poisoning the well, it's well worth checking out.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Nier maybe, Buddy Daddies maybe, Bofuri S2 I guess, uhhhhhh judo girls? I'll keep on eye on this thread to see if there's any sleeper hits, otherwise it's time to catch up on non-anime TV.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

I vibed with Nagatoro S1 even though it's incredibly...that so I'm looking forward to S2.

I made a list of about 12 things that I've got on a very short leash just in case there's a sleeper hit. I'm honestly expecting to drop most (and probably all) of it quickly.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

yeah i have these on my list:

not ultra excited about any of them, probably Nagatoro (i read the manga anyway) and Gridman (will take about 30 years to be available online)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i would be hype for Bungou s4 had i watched s3 yet. oh well

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Gonna watch the Nier thing, though I expect nothing. Kaina, I guess.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

def gonna check out the nier thing because ive been a fan of that poo poo since beating gestalt back in the day. odds are if nothing else it'll be interesting. still need to catch up on everything from last season too though. good to have options

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
putting kaine in nier automata would be a funny change for the anime but i'm not sure they'd get that ambitious

frankly i think the funniest thing to do for it would just to make every episode end stinger be one of the joke bad ends. have an episode end with 2b eating a fish

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

A couple of the LN series that are airing animes this season are on "catch up" on J-Novel.club meaning you can read the full series by subscribing.

https://j-novel.club/series/reborn-to-master-the-blade-from-hero-king-to-extraordinary-squire
https://j-novel.club/series/the-misfit-of-demon-king-academy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Colonel posted:

putting kaine in nier automata would be a funny change for the anime but i'm not sure they'd get that ambitious

frankly i think the funniest thing to do for it would just to make every episode end stinger be one of the joke bad ends. have an episode end with 2b eating a fish

"Kaina, I guess" is not referring to the Nier character Kaine, but to the anime Kaina of the Great Snow Sea, another show airing this season

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is kind of like saying the Akira movie ending encapsulates the ending just fine. It's true, but like, there's more, and lots of people would like to have seen those bits.

While I agree with your basic point, Akira probably isn't the best example since the movie came out half way through the manga's run.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

was the thread title always "A Vash Ocean"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nitrousoxide posted:

A couple of the LN series that are airing animes this season are on "catch up" on J-Novel.club meaning you can read the full series by subscribing.

https://j-novel.club/series/reborn-to-master-the-blade-from-hero-king-to-extraordinary-squire
https://j-novel.club/series/the-misfit-of-demon-king-academy

Tondemo Skill manga is also on catch-up. I think the LN was on it too recently for them to put it up again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

was the thread title always "A Vash Ocean"

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net...h-thumbs-up.mp4

Thanks Doodles for the thread title

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's also another "Fired from [______] but went on to become a hero" fantasy series where there's a bunch of characters who got fired from various different places who decide to team up together, which I guess is a logical progression of the genre

Julias posted:

Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu (Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World)
Geek Toys | Itsuki Imazaki | Itsuki Imazaki | Action, Adventure, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan 3, 2023
The story begins with Nick, an experienced adventurer whose party is led by his mentor and father-figure Argus. Following the completion of their latest job, Nick discovers a chunk of the money has gone missing and realizes one of the party members is the culprit. To his surprise, Argus forgives the member and instead expels Nick after being accused of also embezzling funds. One night after several weeks in a downward spiral, Nick ends up in a local tavern where fate leads him to meeting three fellow adventurers. After a night of drinking, the four bond over their own betrayals and their destroyed ability to trust anyone. This is when Nick hatches on the idea for the four to form a party. Thus the story begins with a party of adventurers united in their belief that humans are bastards and desire to make some honest coin...
PV

Natural 20 posted:

Okay I'm actually intrigued by that one because of the getting wasted together in a bar being the inciting incident of a really stupid idea.

Episode 1 just aired and it was derivative and charmless and every aspect of the production was below average

I guess it could've been interesting if the characters were actual fuckups with personalities but they're just bland characters who were kicked out of their parties because they were framed or unfairly blamed for stuff and didn't stick up for themselves

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Episode 1 just aired and it was derivative and charmless and every aspect of the production was below average

No loving way. Nobody could have predicted this.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I do understand the disappointment, could have been like a more serious konosuba in the "gang of dysfunctional fuckups band together" sense

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mostly, i found the manga to be sort of boring. it seemed like "these people are doing this job for money" was supposed to be some bold, transgressive twist. it's not.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I just looked at the PV and figured the anime wasn't gonna be worth it, like the manga is probably fine and a better use of time.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Would it be a bold transgressive twist if they actually deserved to be fired without the story giving a mountain of excuses for it or is that also well trodden ground

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If they actually deserved it? It would be novel at least. Most of the "Fired" genre includes "unfairly" for various reasons like "weak", "greedy", "female" where except for the last one it's simply not true.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got fired from the hero's party for attempting to unionize

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's one where the guy slowly becomes incapable of fighting and is justifiably given the boot. it turns out he was cursed by his party for really convoluted reasons. also he recovered by simply casting a curse removal spell, as that was something he was capable of doing at any time. so really they should have fired him long before due to how incredibly loving stupid this dude was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's also a single dad story, so expect to see that one as anime sometime in the next few years.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do really like single parent stories regardless of whether they're actually a good narrative or not. they have to really suck for me to not want to read them.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

kicked out of the hero's party because
  • I was opposed to slavery
  • I am a half-orc and villagers keep exiling the party because of me
  • I am a blood healer which requires me to bleed on people to heal them and it's weirding everyone out
  • my isekai ability requires me to listen to bardcore warren g covers for superhuman accuracy but the bard doesn't appreciate the lyrics and my boombox is too loud

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kicked out of the hero's party for pedantically pointing out historical inaccuracies in the isekai world I've landed in.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's one where the guy slowly becomes incapable of fighting and is justifiably given the boot. it turns out he was cursed by his party for really convoluted reasons. also he recovered by simply casting a curse removal spell, as that was something he was capable of doing at any time. so really they should have fired him long before due to how incredibly loving stupid this dude was.

I like the one where the guy was kicked from the party because he has a skill that reduces all loot drops by 80%. He ultimately ends up grouped with 3 other people who also have horrible negative skills, but all their negative skills synergize to cancel each other out.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kicked out of the hero's party for having the wrong opinions on the idol industry

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Kicked out of the heroes party because I am allergic to the catgirl in it and can't stop sneezing.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
"Kicked out of the hero's party because there is a 16-member party limit and also there are 16 named characters" would probably be a halfway decent book.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
"Kicked out of the hero's party for having halitosis"
"Kicked out of the hero's party for putting pineapple on pizza."

I forgot entirely I'd submitted that. I think I was about to take a nap when I posted the idea.

Thanks for using it.

Doodles fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 4, 2023

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

He didn't know he was cursed iirc and thought it was just a normal thing that was happening to him. It's been a while since reading that part though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

He didn't know he was cursed iirc and thought it was just a normal thing that was happening to him. It's been a while since reading that part though.

he didn't know what was happening to him and it wasn't normal. but at no point did he go down the list of what he could try to solve it. because he's dumb.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
kicked out of the hero's party for having a bullshit overpowered ability

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
God that sounds like it would actively be hilarious.

Someone who just immediately ends problems but ends up reviled because they take the fun out of everything having to learn to just chill the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If you want dumbass adventurers getting wasted together watch Slayers instead.