Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Word clouds were a great choice

Patware posted:

Wonderful like characters good go funplot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Glad you all enjoyed the word clouds, I took the idea from squark's thread last year :sweatdrop:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh people were numbering for ranking lol I thought it was to help count.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thanks for the work (melts like Bocchi)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

heh

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

kater posted:

:goofy:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kater posted:

:rip:

Though if you didn't number yours they were all treated as 3 points

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Thank you for the lists! The word clouds were a nice touch and some of them gave me a good chuckle.

Truth be told, even if I picked Bocchi for AOTY, Dress-Up Darling was probably my bigger favorite. I knew it didn’t stand a chance as the year went on, but I’m glad that it made Top 10 somehow.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol ranking of kings only got 3 votes and would likely have dominated if it was allowed last year. what an absolute disaster.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

after not knowing what numbers meant, i don't think you can talk about ranking in any capacity

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

thats why you always hold your applause until the end

i think we've been lucky with split cour shows to date but it would be pretty funny if it happens that way someday

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cheers for the rankings, 2022 was the first year in a very long time I sat down and actually watched an appreciable amount of new anime so I don't have a ton of context but it felt like a pretty strong year boasting genuine bangers. There's also some stuff I might go back and check out: I totally glossed over Dress Up Darling because it just looked like horny nerd bait which... I guess it is but also more than that? I'd also never heard of Akiba Maid War but I guess it's funny so why not!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can count up to 5 without help....

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im just going to assume that more people need to watch Akiba Maid War

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What happened to Ranking of Kings that made it dive? I watched a bit of the first part and thought it was cute but I never went back to it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The second season essentially all took place over the course of half a day in universe switching between perspectives constantly. No one who appeared to die stayed dead and every bad person was secretly a good person all along.

I didn't mind these things, and still thought the show was great throughout (hence my voting for it). However, in like the penultimate episode, they introduce a really really really bad plot element that I can not excuse and definitely made me almost not put it on the list. Big spoiler: daida reclaims his body and immediately says "I'm going to marry miranjo" and this is uncritically treated like a good cool thing by literally everyone. Miranjo herself presumably goes through with it, though she doesn't say a word when this happens and mostly just kind of silently stares blankly at whoever is talking for the remainder of the show.

I still think on the whole it was a good show worthy of recognition but I would be unlikely to watch a third season of it if I'm being honest, that spoiler legit made me real mad.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hopefully season 3 ignores that completely in favor of what people want: Number One Best Stepmother Of All Time Fiction or Otherwise.

Also Bojji and Kage being cute friends.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
To everyone saying they haven't watched Bocchi yet:

What? What the gently caress?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Sydin posted:

There's also some stuff I might go back and check out: I totally glossed over Dress Up Darling because it just looked like horny nerd bait which... I guess it is but also more than that?

aside from the the things already mentioned in the thread, i think it has one of the best EDs of all time
fuwa fuwa fuwa fuwa~

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Im just going to assume that more people need to watch Akiba Maid War

I bet it had a solid average score and only got let down by the limited viewers. It's hard to convince people that the first ep is not just a one-off shock/twist to generate interest and memes instead of just the first in a run of tightly scripted insanity.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ninjewtsu posted:

The second season essentially all took place over the course of half a day in universe switching between perspectives constantly. No one who appeared to die stayed dead and every bad person was secretly a good person all along.

I didn't mind these things, and still thought the show was great throughout (hence my voting for it). However, in like the penultimate episode, they introduce a really really really bad plot element that I can not excuse and definitely made me almost not put it on the list. Big spoiler: daida reclaims his body and immediately says "I'm going to marry miranjo" and this is uncritically treated like a good cool thing by literally everyone. Miranjo herself presumably goes through with it, though she doesn't say a word when this happens and mostly just kind of silently stares blankly at whoever is talking for the remainder of the show.

I still think on the whole it was a good show worthy of recognition but I would be unlikely to watch a third season of it if I'm being honest, that spoiler legit made me real mad.

People also conveniently forgot part 2 had one of the most baller OP/ED pairs in anime history. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZ-BfWaWXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuIxT18w6-8

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's good and anybody can watch it on its own, divorced from the crap that is the second half.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

reporting you for linking a ruined 60fps version of a great OP

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tales of Woe posted:

It was either that or having to link Crunchyroll twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Tales of Woe posted:

Agreed, I was enjoying it until I got suspicious a few seconds in and then stopped when that big guy softly clubbed something on the ground in AI big-brain 60 fps smoothing. Would've otherwise checked this show out.