Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kcirev
Jul 23, 2005
1. Cyberpunk: Edgerunners - Refreshing, grounded, painful, and poetic. Trigger's vision of Night City is brimming with style, color, and life, but its neon-colored exterior paints over an unforgiving system that is resistant to any and all change. There is no moustache-twirling villain, no single person or horror that can be blamed for Night City's brutality. Only the growth of a society whose hierarchy and balance of power has gained so much inertia that any one person who goes against it will be crushed under its unrelenting weight. The struggle of rising up in the classes is real, and I found David and Lucy's story about the duality of dreams extremely relatable, where the ambition of reaching some unknown, new height blinds us to the fact that somewhere along the way we've already found what we were looking for. That there is a gravity that pulls us in and convinces us that we must arrive at some milestone to earn happiness. The best life is the shared life, even if sometimes we need to let our dreams go for it. All coupled with stunning animation, an incredible soundtrack, and characters you can care about. Complete breath of fresh air.

Was excited to watch Arcane after all the hype on the net that people thought it was better than Edgerunners. But despite the longer episode runtime for character establishment in Arcane, I was shocked at how shallow I found the characters and motivations vs Edgerunners.

2. Spy X Family - feel good. having a family can be awesome.
3. Chainsaw man - wonderful film directing. Couldn't get enough of the lingering shots of people going about their routines and simply existing.
4. Call of the night - hip hop music. Wonderful use of a vivid color palette (or lack thereof) to accent characterization. Love night life so it vibed.
5. Nothing else immediately comes to mind. Hopefully Mob Psycho after I get around to watching it.

Disappointment - back half of Ranking of Kings. Checked it out cause of this thread last year and loved the first half. Been a while so hard to pinpoint exactly where it went off the rails

Kcirev fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU