Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Y/O:
Takakeisho

S/K:
Hoshoryu
Takayasu
Shodai

M1-5:
Mitakeumi
Daieisho
Midorifuji

M6-10:
Oho
Hokutofuji
Endo

M11+:
Takarafuji
Tochinoshin
Kagayaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

Once again having an Ozeki on the East and the West is indeed joyful

You know... I feel this too. Of course I like certain wrestlers and I like exciting bouts and Ura and surprises...

But I also just enjoy the system. The process.

An orderly banzuke. A Yokozuna who mostly wins. Promising youngsters and reliable old-timers and bows and envelopes and hair cutting.

The whole scheme is just satisfying; when it's tidy, it feels like there's order in the universe.

And the tournaments roll around just often enough that I'm always excited for the next one.

Super flawed sport, but also perfect.