Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Liquid Communism posted:

I was just looking back because I felt like I haven't seen a kinboshi in a while, and it's weird to realize that not only does this basho mark 2 years of Terunofuji being Yokozuna, but he has only put up one full basho in the last year.

He tried that poo poo on Haku as well, who took it as well as you'd imagine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CybNh-XpA

I’ll always wonder how well Haku could have done if he’d stayed with sumo, he was a freakish athlete for someone his size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Marching Powder posted:

i hate spoiler tags but i'm just going to say that the guy who won the cup could beat any rikishi when he's on and not carrying debilitating injuries. i am a big fan of his and i will be rooting for him come november.

same, gonna be rooting for the champ in the next basho

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'm ready to jump into my first fantasy sumo after starting to pay attention to sumo regularly again, so here goes!

Y/O:
Kirishima
Takakeisho
Hoshoryu

S/K:
Hokutofuji
Daieisho
Wakamotohara

M1-5:
Ura
Takayasu
Shodai

M6-10:
Atamifuji
Takanosho
Endo

M11+:
Nishikifuji
Tomokaze
Ichiyamoto

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

lmao that is incredible

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I’m thrilled with how my first fantasy sumo turned out! Thanks Kenning!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Thanks for running this again, I'm looking forward to seeing if my brand of sumo works for me again this time!

Y/O:
Takakeisho
Kirishima
Hoshoryu

S/K:
Ura
Kotonowaka
Daieisho

M1-5:
Gonoyama
Midorifuji
SHODAI

M6-10:
Asanoyama
Hokuseiho
Mitakeumi

M11+:
Onosato
Churanoumi
Oho

Juryo:
Shiden
Mitoryu
Akua

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

bartolimu posted:

As is my tradition, I would like to request no auto-trade due to Takayasu's absence. I am facing demotion to Juryo, and I will do so embracing my style of fantasy sumo as fully as possible.

...besides, with Aoiyama on my team it's not like trading Papa would save me. :sigh:

I respect your brand of sumo

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Aahhh dammit :(

Could I get either of the other two on my y/o draft list? Either Kirishima or Hoshoryu, whoever’s available. If not I’ll just hope for the best out of Ura and the rest of my team!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Me: Oh hey, the sumo highlights are up. Fancy watching them with me?

My 10-y-o: Sure

*Two minutes later*

My 10-y-o: This is weird

haha, that’s exactly how my girlfriend reacted, and then ten minutes later she was absolutely INVESTED in every match.

She’s gonna watch as much of the midnightsumo/karla feeds with me as she can tonight. I’m so proud.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I feel awful for Hokutofuji, here's hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Yeah, but at least he was able to get up with help. Brought back some bad memories of my knee giving out when I wrestled.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I wouldn't say my wife is invested, but she will happily watch it. She's pretty good at finding value in most of the miscellaneous poo poo I enjoy watching on Youtube, whether it's tarantulas, chess or huge blokes shoving each other around a ring.

She's an anime and manga fan too, so she's looking at watching sumo as a way to help her practice her reading of kanji and hearing spoken Japanese. But yeah, like your wife, my girlfriend finds entertainment in a lot of the weird stuff I have on in the background while I work. The tradeoff is usually watching anime/K-dramas/boring hollywood movies that my ADHD brain can't focus on but it's worth it.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

FART BOSS posted:

Yeah, I’m sticking with Asanoyama too. Hes the sort who will make a surprise comeback if at all possible.

yeah, he might be waiting to see how his leg responds to a day or two of rest

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I’ll take Asanoyama back as well if he’s coming back to fight, I always figured he was just going to take a couple days off to see if his leg responded to some rest

if that’s not allowed, I’ll just stick with the auto-trade!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Still amazed that Ura is able to get that low for a leg pick off a tachi-ai

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Shiroc posted:

Putting a prop bet on every Abi match for "will start with a two armed thrust" and then losing my entire life's savings when he pulls a henka.

bankrupting a bookie because I’m the one person who picked the right obscure kimarite for an Ura win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

ESPN also used to show sumo for a couple years in the mid 90s, but then they decided to rerun sportscenter all day.