Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Y/O:
Takakeisho

S/K:
Hoshoryu
Kotonowaka
Kiribayama

M1-5:
Midorifuji
Tobizaru
Nishikigi

M6-10:
Hokutofuji
Oho
Endo

M11+:
Kotoeko
Kotoshoho
Mitoryu

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I messed up my initial selection by not remembering there are 8 possible picks in S/K, I just glanced at the four names below Y/O and chose from there... These are strange times:v:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Bentai posted:

Loving the crowd.

Owns

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Not the way I wanted Hoshoryu to get KK but I'll take it.

not the way he wanted either, judging by his expression.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
What is telegram?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Yikes.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Hell yeah Kotoeko! Great to see he's popular.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Not looking forward to scrounging around for footage, but hell yeah sumo time!

Y/O:
Terunofuji
Takakeisho

S/K:
Hoshoryu
Kotonowaka
Tobizaru

M1-5:
Midorifuji
Kotoshoho
Onosho

M6-10:
Hokutofuji
Nishikifuji
Ichiyamamoto

M11+:
Kotoeko
Kinbozan
Bushozan

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Day 13 Midorifuji vs Hoshoryu. holy hell what a bout. some incredible technique on display

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I think this was one of the best bashos in a while, with some fantastic performances and incredible techniques in some bouts. Sad to see my boy midorifuji peter out at the end after such a hot start, but I feel like this is just the beginning for him (hopefully not the beginning of the end like what happened to enho).

Thanks for running fantasy sumo Kenning!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm really curious what actually happened.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Y/O:
Takakeisho
Terunofuji

S/K:
Hoshoryu
Kiribayama
Wakamotoharu

M1-5:
Midorifuji
Kinbozan
Tobizaru

M6-10:
Hokutofuji
Takanosho
Onosho

M11+:
Kotoeko
Ichiyamamoto
Oho

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm a day late but, my boy Kotoeko got robbed!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wooo, sumo's back again. I always fall off the May basho in favor of the stanley cup playoffs, so I love when July comes around.
What's the expectations for Hakuoho's first time in the big leagues? He's got quite a name to live up to.

Y/O:
Terunofuji
Kirishima

S/K:
Hoshoryu
Wakamotoharu
Kotonowaka

M1-5:
Midorifuji
Tobizaru
Hiradoumi

M6-10:
Kinbozan
Hokutofuji
Hokuseiho

M11+:
Kotoeko
Hakuoho
Kotoshoho

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 7, 2023

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

pseudodragon posted:

Who's the most E Honda rikishi? Takakeisho? Most of the other top guys are too focused on grappling and belt work for an SF fighter. Taka's the most likely to hundred hand slap the poo poo out of someone and if he could torpedo headbutt someone IRL, that would probably be his primary attack.

It's definetly Daieisho. All offense all the time no belt moves, would use rockets to propell himself if he was allowed.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Medenmath posted:

Midorifuji vs Kirishima was a heck of a bout

It was memorable for sure...
I've never seen a gyoji get that flustered. As good as the actual bout was I'll forever remember it as the time a yobidashi had to enter the dohyo to help an old man tie a belt.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Hoshoryu is a beast this basho. right now he's looking like a sure lock for ozeki, right?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Fantastic end to a fantastic basho. Goddamn this was a good one.

Hokuseiho got loving humbled lmao

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Y/O:
Hoshoryu
Takakeisho
Kirishima

S/K:
Kotonowaka
Wakamotoharu
Tobizaru

M1-5:
Hokutofuji
Takanosho
Shonannoumi

M6-10:
Kotoeko
Endo
Kinbozan

M11+:
Kotoshoho
Nishikifuji
Takarafuji

Hell yeah, finally some more sumo. I have a feeling this will be a good one.

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 8, 2023

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Looks like they finally got to nattosumo :(
Is there any alternative that is as highly condensed and with the same level of information before each bout?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Thanks! I've been looking to his Twitter for updates on the new accounts but I saw a bunch of them had been deleted and thought it was over. I tried to search for Aki Basho day [x] on YouTube with no results, but I see now searching for nattosumo still works.
Hopefully he keeps it up, in spite of the adversity, until they realize they have potential international customers who want his style of coverage.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Aw yiss, here we go again. Will this be the time I climb out of the bottom of juryo, or will my penchant for picking favorites over performers hold me back yet again

Y/O:
Hoshoryu
Kirishima
Takakeisho

S/K:
Kotonowaka
Hokutofuji
Wakamotoharu

M1-5:
Takayasu
Tobizaru
Gonoyama

M6-10:
Kotoeko
Kinbozan
Atamifuji

M11+:
Tohakuryu
Tomokaze
Roga

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 9, 2023

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Aw man, kotoeko fell to juryo :sadwave:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Lid posted:

in the "holy gently caress are they bad at this" NHK World Japan's youtube channel hasnt uploaded the last three days of highlights including the final day. Why do they make it so hard to get new people into sumo?

They're pushing away active fans as well. I used to watch every match every day, but now I'm barely watching a few bouts. I even went fantasy kyujo because I'm so disconnected from sumo now.

It was so easy before to just sub to natto and get the days matches right after broadcast.
Now I'm stuck with the terrible offerings from NHK, posted with seemingly no regularity.
And subscribing is a no go as they post them on their main channel along with all kinds of other stuff which would clutter my feed beyond recognition.
Hell, last basho they even used a photo of the winner lifting the cup as their thumbnail for the last day. :cripes:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

fullerene posted:

https://theforevercove.com/

Makushita, Juryo and Makuuchi, has playoffs for lower divisions when that applies. Can still select the matches and pre-/post-day standings from links in the video. No having your retinas scorched by whatever the gently caress Sneako (a thing I learned about entirely against my will) is up to.

Thank you. And thanks to everyone else suggesting alternatives as well.

My issues with the skeevy right wing sites (or whatever they are) is more about not wanting to make another account to get feed on another insignificant site I only visit a few times a year, or a chat service I don't use and where I'd need to trawl through logs to get to the day's video. There's too many drat sites trying to force you into signing up nowadays.
Where this then led was to just watch something else, and maybe a recap from NHK would get recommended some times.

That said I do like the NHK videos, the English commentary is nice if a little stilted.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Stepping back onto the goonhyo after my absence

Y/O:
Hoshoryu
Kotonowaka
Kirishima

S/K:
Wakamotoharu
Daieisho
Nishikigi

M1-5:
Tobizaru
Midorifuji
Onosato

M6-10:
Hokutofuji
Kotoshoho
Tamawashi

M11+:
Takerufuji
Endo
Kitanowaka

Juryo:
Kotoeko
Hakuoho
Wakatakakage

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Hirayuki posted:

The NSK has an official app!

https://sumo.dwango.jp/en/index.html

Promising, maybe. Good thing we have a basho coming up so we can give this kind of poo poo a whirl.

Real cool that it's not available in my region :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Bentai posted:

Was able to get it from the US iOS app store.
What region are you in? :smith:

Scandinavia.
Guess Natto soured them on all of us. :v: