Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

after an all-time awful basho in November, time to try a completely different tactic:

Y/O:
Takakeisho

S/K:
Wakatakakage
Kotonowaka
Shodai

M1-5:
Nishikigi
Sadanoumi
Tamawashi

M6-10:
Myogiryu
Aoiyama
Ura

M11+:
Tsurugisho
Chiyoshoma
Tochinoshin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ura is having a pretty good tournament, but I can't tell whether it's because of excellent power & technique or because his opponents have been so prepared for his shenanigans that they get surprised when he bullcharges right through them

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bentai posted:

Fuji TV’s one day sumo tournament (“Smarch Madness”) is tonight at 5pm pacific/8pm eastern. Midnight should be doing a stream as will others I hope.

saw this literally just in time, thanks!
e: Teru breaking in the new knees purifying the dohyo!

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 6, 2023

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Y/O:
Takakeisho
Terunofuji

S/K:
Wakatakakage
Daieisho
Kotonowaka

M1-5:
Nishikigi
Midorifuji
Meisei

M6-10:
Takayasu
Ura
Aoiyama

M11+:
Kagayaki
Tsurugisho
Kinbozan

Thanks Kenning, and congrats on the wedding!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

if there's somebody you really want to lose a bunch in May (while conceding the 20% chance they instead do really well), let me know & i'll pick them, because that's how my selection process has turned out every basho so far.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Poor Midorifuji. I can't think of a more disappointing & frustrating way to have a 10-5 basho.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Y/O:
Takakeisho
Terunofuji

S/K:
Hoshoryu
Shodai
Kotonowaka

M1-5:
Ura
Nishikigi
Abi

M6-10:
Sadanoumi
Takanosho
Mikateumi

M11+:
Aoiyama
Kagayaki
Myogiryu

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Y/O:
Terunofuji
Takakeisho
Kirishima

S/K:
Wakamotoharu
Daieisho
Abi

M1-5:
Asanoyama
Shodai
Ura

M6-10:
Hokuseiho
Kinbozan
Hokutofuji

M11+:
Gonoyama
Hakuoho
Takarafuji

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

watching this basho it is becoming apparent to me that Onosho has a tell where he crosses his hands and then touches them down a second later with very consistent timing

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Y/O:
Takakeisho
Hoshoryu
Terunofuji

S/K:
Wakamotoharu
Tobizaru
Daieisho

M1-5:
Gonoyama
Shonannoumi
Ura

M6-10:
Takayasu
Kotoeko
Hiradoumi

M11+:
Hokuseiho
Myogiryu
Nishikifuji

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kenning posted:

I've updated the final results post with the corrected scores, and they will be used for the goonzuke for Kyushu.

wait i get a new shikona thanks to the spooky October subforum and then I end up juryo yusho after a scoring mono-ii?? whoa

Shikona: oldskool

Y/O:
Takakeisho
Hoshoryu
Terunofuji

S/K:
Wakamotoharu
Abi
Hokutofuji

M1-5:
Gonoyama
Shodai
Ura

M6-10:
Hokuseiho
Atamifuji
Takanosho

M11+:
Ichiyamamoto
Roga
Oho

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 12, 2023

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

day 10:

good god the THUD at the end of Hoshoryu/WMH

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

e: Shikona: oldskool
though i think i'm sticking with this name for a while so i guess you can update the spreadsheets to this name

Y/O:
Takakeisho
Hoshoryu
Terunofuji

S/K:
Takayasu
Ura
Kotonowaka

M1-5:
Gonoyama
Shodai
Atamifuji

M6-10:
Shonannoumi
Asanoyama
Hokuseiho

M11+:
Myogiryu
Tomokaze
Oho

Juryo:
Tohakuryu
Roga
Tamashoho

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 13, 2024

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This was a really fun basho, I wish IRL junk hadn't made me take an extra few days to catch up to it and I had been following along live.

Special shoutout to Banana Canada for their efforts in making sure i didn't finish dead last in juryo the scoreboards are accurate, and also a nice :lol: for Takayasu going kyujo, getting auto-replaced for most of us (myself included) by Ura, only to come back, dump Ura on his head & immediately go back kyujo.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Y/O:
Hoshoryu
Takakeisho
Kotonowaka

S/K:
Abi
Wakamotoharu
Nishikigi

M1-5:
Atamifuji
Asanoyama
Onosato

M6-10:
Gonoyama
Shodai
Kinbozan

M11+:
Shimazuumi
Nishikifuji
Shonannoumi

Juryo:
Wakatakakage
Kotoeko
Hakuoho

here's hoping i don't fall hopelessly behind this basho and can keep up to date!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

first & foremost trade Shimazuumi based on his injury. I think draftwise I was Nishikifuji & then Shonannoumi but I throw myself upon the mercy of the goonzuke for who I end up with.

day 4:
best wishes to Tsurugisho for a quick & full recovery, that knee buckle looked real bad. :smith:

Couple real quick tsukidashi victories today; deadlifting a 300+lb wrestler up & out has always been my favorite technique (miss you Tochinoshin) but there's something really artistic about just standing up, leaning forward & palm striking somebody in the face so powerfully that they lose balance & momentum and go flying out!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

day 13: hoshoryu straight up tanked that charge from Gonoyama, good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

that was fun as hell, here's hoping the next two weeks match today's energy & intensity

Gonoyama showing why he's the true star of that Juryo promotion class a few months back, just trucking his way to 1-0 :smugbert: