Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

My brand of fantasy sumo dropped me back down to Juryo, but it is that same brand of sumo that will bring me back up.

Y/O
- Takakeisho

S/K
- Wakatakakage
- Wakamotoharu
- Kotonowaka

[This is the year of waka.]

1-5
- Nishikigi
- Nishikifuji
- Tobizaru

6-10
- Hiradoumi
- Ura
- Onosho

11+
- Kotoeko
- Kotoshoho
- Kagayaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

The NattoSumo channel just got taken down. :(

NattoSumo2 is there, but just be aware things may be dicey for edited daily content for a bit

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

They didn't, they set up a platform off the side of the dohyo she got up on. For her cut, they moved the chair very near the edge.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Natto also recently uploaded a private video of the FujiTv matches to youtube - he may still be uploading there, but keeping them unlisted.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Congrats Kenning! Thanks for running this as always.

Y/O
- Takakeisho
- Terunofuji (I have so little faith he'll show I forgot to list him)

S/K
- Kiribayama
- Wakamotoharu
- Hoshoryu

M1-5
- Tamawashi
- Nishikigi
- Onosho

M6-10
- Takayasu
- Hiradoumi
- Ura

M11+
- Kinbozan
- Kotoeko
- Bushozan

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 7, 2023

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

It's a training strategy that he continues to employ - though he may have had it a bit easier when he was the one doing the squats.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cph5LmOvKc5/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

I really should have known Tamawashi would sandbag to ensure he can score more gold stars.

I like to try not to trade - but I'm putting in for a swap from Tamawashi to my #3 pick: Onosho.

My second choice has also been on an uncharacteristically poor streak. :/

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

https://twitter.com/Hakkeyoi_Sumo/status/1637660312974286850

Onosho is out. Which forces me to.... back to Tamawashi?? Or Nishikigi?

(I just traded Tamawashi for Onosho, and my picks for the segment are Tamawashi, Nishikigi, Onosho)

I guess if I have a choice I would prefer Nishikigi? I've created a really weird corner case for myself

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 20, 2023

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

This basho started out really bad for the Sanyaku and my team - but holy cow did they somehow manage to pull out all the stops at the end and turn things around. Proud of all my boys - including the ones who didn't end up on my team this time. Very good basho, very satisfied. If you don't watch Juryo normally, it was excellent as well.

Juryo spoiler re Asanoyama and Ochiai: I haven't seen it in any of the recaps, but Asanoyama smiling at Ochiai picking him back up was really really good.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Kenning posted:

A few days late but here we are.
?
Final Results

Makuuchi
code:
56	Thauros
56	Tiny Bug Child
54.5	NuclearPotato
54	Ice Phisherman
54	Saturnine Aberrance
50.5	GoatSeeGuy
50	Teddybear
49	Marching Powder
48.5	Akiosan
44.5	Iron Chef Nex
44.5	MyChemicalImbalance
44	Banana Canada
43.5	Everyones Favorite Poster
43	Khizan
42	anakha
41.5	Fluffdaddy
41.5	Helianthus Annuus
41	Vargatron
40	LlamaTrauma
40	MalarkeyToboggan
39.5	captainblastum
39	Mode 7
36.5	bartolimu
36.5	ratmosphere
35.5	Eli949
35	Kenning
34.5	Jobbo_Fett
34.5	Netsky
33.5	pseudodragon
32.5	sivad
32	Communist Thoughts
32	Liquid Communism
31.5	Kuros
31.5	Tochiazuma
30.5	scripterror
30	Pakled
29.5	Charles Gnarwin
26	Flinger
25	Crusty Nutsack
Juryo
code:
53.5	Gaghskull
50	Fearless
49.5	Lid
49	PJ
47	Robviously
45.5	Elissimpark
43	Brut
41.5	bessantj
41.5	Dead Goon
41	Log082
41	whats for dinner
40	Beexoffel
40	QuasiQuack
40	ullerrm
39	do it on my face
39	riderchop
39	Single Tight Female
38.5	Average Lettuce
38.5	Chinook
37	rare Magic card l00k
35	Eldoop
34.5	Nativity In Black
33	Boogalo
32	Bentai
31.5	Samuel L. Hacksaw
30.5	Ben Nerevarine
30	oldskool
29.5	ImplicitAssembler
26.5	Pvt. Public
26.5	Xerzes
Congratulations to...our first ever co-kozuna, Thauros and Tiny Bug Child. I went to go look up a tie-breaker, and it turned out not only did these two posters end up with the same team after all the drafting (despite Thauros not getting their first pick on every rank), but they also traded out Wakatakakage for Kiribayama on the same day. They're also the 2 top-ranked ozeki. That's far too much synchronicity for me, so they can lift the cup together. Perhaps we should start picking a juryo rikishi for tie-breaking purposes, but this hasn't happened before, so I'm not too worried about it. Also, congratulations to Gaghskull for taking the juryo yusho, with an all kachi-koshi team (except for Takakeisho, obv.).

Interestingly, Takakeisho withdrawing early dropped the high scores this basho, but didn't really drop the low scores. I'm not sure what this means, if anything. Hopefully next basho gets us another ozeki or two so we can start having more action up in the top ranks! A reminder, I won't be able to run the Natsu basho, but no matter what we'll be back for Nagoya.

On to special prizes! A refresher, these are the special prizes:

Gino-sho/Technique: No make-koshi on your team.
Kanto-sho/Fighting Spirit: Exceptional performance from a low rank, or other acknowledgement of great performance.
Shukun-sho/Outstanding Performance: Getting the highest number of accolades (i.e. kinboshi, yusho/jun-yusho, and sansho) in the field.

So, who are the awardees?

Gino-sho: With Takakeisho out, no actual all KK teams, but the following people only had a loss from Takakeisho: Everyones Favorite Poster, GoatSeeGuy, MyChemicalImbalance, NuclearPotato, Gaghskull, Lid
Kanto-sho: Gaghskull
Shukun-sho: Ice Phisherman, Saturnine Aberrance, Thauros, Tiny Bug Child

Fun basho, as usual. Frankly, a bit more than usual. At the start I was concerned about how exciting it would be, but it feels like the wheels are starting to turn towards a new generation of ozeki etc., and I hope they can keep going. Goonzuke to follow in a bit, once I have a bit of time to work it through.

(Quoting for the new page)

Wow! That's quite the nice surprise. Seemed like the start was really slow, but the turnaround happened in the end. I'll continue to strive my best to effectively show my brand of fantasy sumo and avoid any posting injuries.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Awesome! Last second hana-sumo is good to see.

Y/O
- Terunofuji
- Takakeisho

S/K
- Wakamotoharu
- Kiribayama
- Hoshoryu

M1-5
- Ura
- Takayasu
- Nishikigi

M6-10
- Tamawashi
- Hiradoumi
- Meisei

M11+
- Kotoeko
- Aoiyama
- Hokuseiho

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

I definitely feel that I'm making some obvious top picks, but I'm doing so with the expectation that I won't wind up with any of them. :D Ganbatte everyone!

Y/O
- Terunofuji
- Kirishima
- Takakeisho

S/K
- Wakamotoharu
- Hoshoryu
- Kotonowaka

M1-5
- Asanoyama
- Mitakeumi
- Hiradoumi

M6-10
- Kinbozan
- Nishikifuji
- Tamawashi

M11+
- Hakuoho
- Kotoeko
- Gonoyama

E: Removed Takakeisho from the list considering he has (seemingly?) withdrawn.

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 9, 2023

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Just acknowledging that I also edited my picks to remove Takakeisho - though I would've stuck with him as pick 1 till it turned out he was off the schedule, since initially it sounded like he was planning on sticking around anyway.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

https://twitter.com/tachiai_blog/status/1677867470827429888

Kirishima is kyujo now as well.

I'll edit my list just in case, but... The only Y/O left is Terunofuji.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Given that Asanoyama is kyujo, and that I think (?) we still have a little bit of time left to trade:

I would like to trade Asanoyama for Ura if this is still possible. If, being this close to the edge, I need to stick to my selections, then Hiradoumi shall be my hero.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Nativity In Black posted:

Edit: Hopefully this trade was registered?

It's points for day 13, but day 14 will be make or break.

Typically you can't trade after day 8, and trades that do happen are when your current pick goes kyujo. Maybe there could be some special exemption for a previous kyujo trade if your formerly kyujo pick comes back, but I don't believe that's ever been done. Usually people will just explicitly decide to keep their kyujo wrestler on the team.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

My picks! A lot of tough decisions with all the injuries.

Y/O
Kirishima
Hoshoryu
Takakeisho

S/K
Wakamotoharu
Kotonowaka
Daieisho

M1-5
Tamawashi
Ura
Shodai

M6-10
Hiradoumi
Takayasu
Kotoeko

M11+
Nishikifuji
Sadanoumi
Myogiryu

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

The latest natto channels been wholly brought down on YouTube.

I've been downloading all the videos and putting old bashos up on my own channel in unlisted playlists - and with exactly one exception in a day of Juryo from July that is blocked entirely, there have only been content IDs blocking ads on some videos, and not even the majority. Not that I am anywhere near a big enough channel to get any income on a video to begin with.

Nattos discord posts links to all the locations the videos are hosted in browser, as well as direct download links. Unfortunately, of all the locations they use, including for direct downloads, the most trustworthy is Billibilli. Been thinking about uploading everything to archive.org, but I don't want to undercut natto to anyone beyond the people I know personally.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

With the amazing feats of witchcraft on display today, and amidst the steady decline of the giant slayer, I would like to put in for a trade: May I replace Tamawashi with Ura? If Ura is not available, I am feeling a possible Meisei resurgence.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

My picks!

Y/O
- Kirishima
- Takakeisho
- Hoshoryu

S/K
- Wakamotoharu
- Daieisho
- Kotonowaka

1-5
- Takayasu
- Gonoyama
- Ura

6-10
- Kinbozan
- Mitakeumi
- Kotoeko

11-15
- Hiradoumi
- Roga
- Tamawashi

11-15 was tough. I rearranged the order a few times. S/K on up I'm pretty solid on though
e: I edited 11-15 again...

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

I have broken down, and come to request a trade - possibly.

I am looking to trade Wakamotoharu for Kotonowaka.

Only if that trade is not possible due to how the draft has fallen, would I instead ask to trade Kinbozan for Shonannoumi.

If neither is available! Then I'll stay with my team as it is.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Every basho really has a way of sneaking up on me!

Y/O:
- Kirishima
- Hoshoryu
- Takakeisho

S/K:
- Kotonowaka
- Ura
- Takayasu

M1-5:
- Wakamotoharu
- Nishikigi
- Atamifuji

M6-10:
- Hiradoumi
- Kinbozan
- Tamawashi

M11+:
- Onosato
- Kotoshoho
- Takanosho

Juryo
- Nishikifuji
- Shishi
- Roga

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Apparently Miyagino has been attempting to coach Hokuseiho on actually charging at the tachiai, to the point of actually pushing him at the tachiai in training. Of course, on the actual dohyo there's no coach there to literally push him every time..

https://twitter.com/SumoFollower/status/1747370208686219370

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Despite that article regarding Asanoyama - I am not seeing him listed on the absent rikishi list yet. Hokutofuji is, however.

https://www.sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoMain/absence/

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Looks like something happened to the trade and Juryo columns - I have my score matching your listing for me, however I am quite confident I have not traded anyone, and my Juryo pick Nishikifuji has 9 wins, not 5. I suspect this isn't actually a score recording issue, just an issue with this table getting the special columns transposed across from yesterdays scores, maybe?

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 26, 2024

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Bentai posted:

Hi, it's me, the Bearer of Bad Basho News:
https://www.nikkansports.com/m/battle/sumo/news/202401270000160_m.html

Goddamn cursed chaos basho.
:smith:

God, what bad news.

Kenning I also do not want to trade Hoshoryu. I am keeping him in the team till the end.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Y/O
- Kirishima
- Hoshoryu
- Takakeisho

S/K
- Wakamotoharu
- Nishikigi
- Daieisho

M1-5
- Ura
- Tobizaru
- Hiradoumi

M6-10
- Tamawashi
- Kinbozan
- Kotoshoho

M11+
- Takerufuji
- Nishikifuji
- Kitanowaka

Juryo
- Tomokaze
- Oshoma
- Hakuoho

Juryo selections primarily because I'm convinced Hakuoho and Waka are going to be hugely in demand.

M1-5 was a tough one - a lot of folks got slung up high by the weird balance of scores, and I'm not convinced it'll be to everyone's benefit. But Ura will have a pretty new set of folks, so maybe... (Except... you know.... 9 folks in Y-K to overcome as the top of the JOI..)

M6-10 feels like a pretty good spot for Tamawashi to be - although aforementioned ranking slingshots from the bottom may work against him, if my theory of him being best against the top rank is correct.

Banana Canada posted:

Give me a your desired mawashi colour as well if you want a specific one on my tracker. If you are sanyaku, you can also pick your background colour as befitting your lofty rank!

I think I'm Sanyaku still!

Mawashi: #D25C9D (210, 92, 157)
Background: #27127B (39, 18, 123)

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 7, 2024

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Went back and forth on this the last couple days, but I think I'm gonna have to put in for a trade:

I'd like to trade Tamawashi for Onosho.

Been giving Kirishima a long look too, but... not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Y/O
Hoshoryu
Kirishima
Kotozakura

S/K
Wakamotoharu