Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

"Hoshoryu looks fierce" vs "Horshoryu looks friendly" are two just competing parts of a single larger truth, which is "Hoshoryu is quite handsome"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I can't remember exactly which basho, but I think it's March 2023: Hoshoryu got henka'd by his opponents for a couple matches in a row, and then Tobi tries to get a third in and gets thrown like a ragdoll.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Single Tight Female posted:

Assuming these are talking about the same henka, it's Day 9 of March. I know because I sent a clip of it to a group chat so it was easy to find the date. The only non-rumble link I can find is this one and if the timestamp doesn't work their match is at 26:14, it's still great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTPpVnFWmzw&t=1574s

Haha thank you for posting this

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

One of my favorite things about Kotonowaka is that he always used to keep a neutral expression during his pre-match routine, and then he went up against Terunofuji last year -- who has such a good meanmug intimidation face -- and ever since, Kotonowaka does this glare/scowl and unfortunately it just comes across as adorable.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Ura Day 3 looked downright DELIGHTED when he was lying on the dohyo. He just loves good sumo, man. I think he probably sends thank-you cards after every match.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

He should’ve murdered Hokuseiho when he had the chance

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

22 is old enough to know better AND it still seems like he lacked some important guidance during these still-formative years of his life.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Abi is the best heel in upper division. He’s like a cartoon villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

How can anyone forget Tobizaru’s beautiful face and skincare routines