Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Y/O:
lol

S/K:
Wakatakakage
Hoshoryu
Kiribayama

M1-5:
Abi
Tobizaru
Daieisho

M6-10:
Ura
Oho
Takanosho

M11+:
Tochinoshin
Kagayaki
Chiyomaru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

RIP Tochi; of course it’d be the first time I picked you when you finally break :smith:

Making my kyujo trade for either Kotoshoho or Kagayaki.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Once again, as is tradition, Shodai.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Y/O:
Takakeisho
lol
lmao

S/K:
Kiribayama
Wakamotoharu
Tobizaru

M1-5:
Abi
Tamawashi
SHODAI

M6-10:
Takayasu
Endo
Ura

M11+:
Hokuseiho
Azumaryu
Tsurugisho

Pretty late on my picks this time; I admit that the NHK utterly dismantling sumo YouTube kinda put a huge damper on my enthusiasm. But basho time has a way of invigorating one. Regarding my pick strategies, I left my usual Wakatakakage pick out since I figured being a late comer, I'd probably be too late to jump onboard. Perhaps Tobizaru isn't the wisest of replacements in my list, but gently caress it, I'm ride or die with the Flying Monkey. M1-5...I am not a Shodai believer, but I wanna see what he can do now that the weight of Ozeki is off his shoulders. M6-10 I'm betting on Takayasu to be genki enough after pulling out to rack up a solid score at this rank. M11 and below I basically don't trust anybody, so gently caress it, let's root for the newcomer and hope he can giant his way past the rank and file.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Chaos reigns :unsmigghh:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Day 15: Very good day for my boys overall; as a long-time Kiribayama believer, I'm super pumped for him finally pulling off the yusho. Only bummers were Ryuden managing to squeak out a second win, and loving Shodai :argh:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

If you're following MidnightSumo on Twitch, there'll be a bunch of old sumo and amateur events running on there on the weekends.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Welp, I think I got a MK if I calculated right. I was sleeping on kiribayama but drat.

The real question is, will they overpromote Kiribayama to Ozeki?

This tweet points to no, though just 10 wins should clinch Ozeki for him for July: https://twitter.com/patriciajaydee/status/1640152884489883651?s=20

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Beeswax posted:

Day4:
No idea is Hokuseiho's gameplan was literally "hang on with a single hand, be tall and unweildy, wait for opponent to gas out" but by god it worked. The least intense performance you'll ever see but you can't argue with the result.

ngl, the most heated I got today wasn't from WMH or Kiribayama pulling out their wins, or Teru putting the clamps on poor Tobizaru and walking him out, it was me screaming "BE BIG" at my screen while willing Hokuseiho to a win.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Feeling nice and refreshed after taking a basho off fantasy sumo; I will ganbarize and perform my style of sumo to the best of my ability:

Y/O:
Kirishima
Terunofuji

S/K:
Daieisho
Kotonowaka
Wakamotoharu

M1-5:
Asanoyama
Tobizaru
Ura

M6-10:
Takayasu
Hokuseiho
Kinbozan

M11+:
Gonoyama
Hakuoho
Chiyoshoma

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Kenning posted:

gently caress, I wanna go to Meatland.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Y/O:
Kirishima
Hoshoryu
Takakeisho

S/K:
Wakamotoharu
Kotonowaka
Tobizaru

M1-5:
Gonoyama
Ura
Asanoyama

M6-10:
Endo
Kotoeko
Onosho

M11+:
Hokuseiho
Atamifuji
Chiyoshoma

Here's to hoping my team doesn't undergo a miserable collapse after the first 5 days like last time.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

After a long drawn out game of "will they, won't they," I have officially decided that I am NOT kyujo for this basho and I will fight on despite some major posting injuries (a.k.a. man it's hard to keep up when YT VODs get nuked within seconds). My 11th hour picks:

Y/O:
Kirishima
Hoshoryu
Takakesho

S/K:
Wakamotoharu
Kotonowaka
Daieisho

M1-M5:
Tobizaru
Gonoyama
Ura

M6-M10:
Hokuseiho
Mitakeumi
Kotoeko

M11+:
Tamawashi
Roga
Ichiyamamoto

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I'm frankly shocked I managed to hold onto a points KK with three MKs on my team, but I suppose that's the power of having the yusho winner on my roster to keep me afloat.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

As has been usual for the past few bashos, I've totally procrastinated on getting my picks in until the eleventh hour. Here's hoping they're good ones:

Y/O:
Kirishima
Terunofuji
Hoshoryu

S/K:
Kotonowaka
Daieisho
Ura

M1-M5:
Atamifuji
Gonoyama
Wakamotoharu

M6-M10:
Tamawashi
Asanoyama
Ichiyamamoto

M11+:
Onosato
Kotoshoho
Endo

Juryo
Daiamami
Chiyoshoma
Shishi

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Regrettably I suffered a posting injury in practice (read: I blanked and forgot to put a draft together in the leadup), so I am forced to bow out this basho. I will ganbarize and hope to regain my fallen rank next time.

Day 2: I had just been thinking to myself that Teru hadn't been going for the arm clamps much recently, and then he goes and nearly wrenches poor Ura's arm out of its socket today. My sincerest apologies to Ura for jinxing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce3ZjjyezUU