Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Let's see how things are going with my favorite wrestlers...

Terutsuyoshi = Dead
Tochinoshin = Dying
Ichinojo = Now dead to me
Shohozan = Still alive in my heart. Forever dead on the Banzuke.

While I have been relegated to Juryo, I will continue face the sunset with Tochi!

Edit: Can we submit our pics yet?

Takakeisho / Terunofuji
Wakatakakage / Hoshoryu / Wakamotoharu
Tamawashi / Abi / Sadanoumi
Oho / Aoiyama / Hiradoumi
Tochinoshin / Takarafuji / Kotoeko

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Y/O: Takakeisho / Terunofuji
S/K: Wakatakakage / Hoshoryu / Wakamotoharu
M1-5: Tamawashi / Abi / Sadanoumi
M6-10: Oho / Aoiyama / Hiradoumi
M11+: Tochinoshin / Takarafuji / Kotoeko

bessantj posted:

Oh please do you saucy minx!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 3, 2023

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Bentai posted:

JSA opened up a new online shopping store, but of course they'll only deliver within Japan: https://sumall.sumo.or.jp

net work error posted:

I haven't checked but a forwarding service like Buyee would probably should work for this site to ship outside of Japan. I've used it for other things in the past and had no complaints.
Seconding a proxy service for these. I personally use Zen Market (very user friendly), but Buyee is solid too.

Edit: I can lay this on my pillow beside me at night: https://sumall.sumo.or.jp/products/4571588952990

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 4, 2023

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Smooth move by Tochi to get the double underhooks, and Midiorifuji's Uwatenage was beautiful!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, watching Kintamayama vids while drinking coffee is my basho routine. I really get settled in just in time for the Basho to end and then I feel lost for a few days, haha.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fearless posted:

Day 4: Looks like Toshinoshin got hurt in his match with Kotoshoho. Collarbone or a dislocated shoulder possibly... he was in obvious pain and cradling his arm on the way out. And holy poo poo, that Wakamotoharu/Meisei trip nearly annihilated an entire row. I wouldn't be shocked if Meisei had a concussion from that impact, he was dumped clear off the dohyo.

The way he didn't try to use the arm at all makes me think it was already injured, but maybe happened on the initial impact...? Foot was taped up today too. Huge bummer since he was looking strong for the first few days.

Edit: holy suplex Batman!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 11, 2023

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm just putting on record that I will be dying along with Tochi! Less enthusiastic about dying with Oho, but at this point...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Vargatron posted:

I am going to display gaman and keep Oho on my team. I have a feeling he's going to come around on the middle third.

For the sake of our teams, I sure hope so, but he's at his highest ranking in a year. Water finds its level...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Where could one go to buy this?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Brut posted:

I dunno if this is the original source or what but this is literally the first google result for sumo cats:

https://jellybeet.com/cat-sumo-wrestlers/

Sweet, Thanks! I'm going to Tokyo in about a week, so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled, but may just buy a set.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Between that and Tochi getting punted to Juryo, I'm bummed as well.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

quote:

@Kenning

I've had the stomach flu, and totally missed the start of the basho / fantasy sign ups.

Congrats on the wedding! I'm not intai forever, but I'll bow out for this basho.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I just got caught up on the basho through Kintamayama's vids.

Was there ever an update on them continuing? Is he just forging ahead until he gets shut down again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

and Kintamayama popped back up doing vids too, so not sure what to expect this go round, but keep tabs on all the typical places...

Off topic: Did anyone watch the Sumo drama, Sanctuary, that popped up on Netflix recently ? Worth checking out?