Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Skulker posted:

Sensibly chuckling at goons being all "owie oh god i'm old" aged, like, 38. You're not old, you're sedentary and your body is a mystery to you. Go for a jog, lift a weight, do some yoga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Skulker posted:

Sensibly chuckling at goons being all "owie oh god i'm old" aged, like, 38. You're not old, you're sedentary and your body is a mystery to you. Go for a jog, lift a weight, do some yoga.

Fair enough

The pain went away after I slept so I probably will continue to not do those things cause I am a lazy bitch.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I've been really hard on my body...I have pains from old injuries. poo poo really sucks. The worst part was I just kept using opiates so I didn't realize it was that bad until I quit and it was really bad. I had done even more damage to the already injured joints in my legs.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Skulker posted:

This thread should require proof of age

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Dixville posted:

So right now I'm experiencing a dull pain every time I breathe in hard, at my back right between my shoulder blades. What does this mean? gently caress if I know but I'm blaming it on being old since that's what most random pain comes from. What do you do that causes pain that shouldn't? And how does it feel to be An Old

Holy poo poo I just went to the ER today for this same exact thing what the gently caress

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

500excf type r posted:

Holy poo poo I just went to the ER today for this same exact thing what the gently caress

Well??? What was it?

I've started counting the number of joints that pop or crack when I roll over in bed. Normally, it's ankle, knee, elbow, wrist, shoulder, sometimes hip. Some times both sides, some times just one.

The one that feels really good which I don't understand is stretching your arms either up or behind and your sternum cracks. Hurts like a bitch for a split second, then feels great.

I'm very creaky, always have been. Just turned 40, so I'm going to hit a high score one day and just collapse like a blob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-suhRCpfME

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 2, 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Idk they took X-rays and did some other tests but my lungs are clear and the X-rays didn't show anything so it's probably some sort of lung lining inflammation. It's been bothering me for a few weeks and has been getting worse and I was sick of it.

It's like right behind my right shoulder blade and it's like a "ball" of discomfort and it feels like I need to cough some poo poo out but there's nothing to cough out

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

500excf type r posted:

Idk they took X-rays and did some other tests but my lungs are clear and the X-rays didn't show anything so it's probably some sort of lung lining inflammation. It's been bothering me for a few weeks and has been getting worse and I was sick of it.

It's like right behind my right shoulder blade and it's like a "ball" of discomfort and it feels like I need to cough some poo poo out but there's nothing to cough out

:rip:

just kidding! best of luck, bud.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
i have foot surgery today around 4pm est. wish me luck

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

My back always hurts because my dick is so heavy.

Edit: Also, good luck A Concrete Divider.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's God's love entering your body

God entered my body. As a body. My Same Size.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

My back hurts when I fart hard

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I hosed up my knee and ankle on opposite sides during puberty so everything is a little off kilter for it

Also got sciatica I can feel all the way from my neck to my foot on the right side

Got Tourettes too so I smoke weed on the reg and that seems to help with general everything, tics, inflammation, back pain, and sleep issues relating to that

also regular massage is great. Will need to go to a physio soon though cos it ain't getting better

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jestery posted:

I hosed up my knee and ankle on opposite sides during puberty so everything is a little off kilter for it

Also got sciatica I can feel all the way from my neck to my foot on the right side

Got Tourettes too so I smoke weed on the reg and that seems to help with general everything, tics, inflammation, back pain, and sleep issues relating to that

also regular massage is great. Will need to go to a physio soon though cos it ain't getting better

You need to bathe in a giant CBD lotion bath

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That sounds marvellous

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The thumb side of my left forearm kind of lost sensation for a week or two, I could pinch it and not really feel anything. Then it just went away :shrug:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

BigBadSteve posted:

My back always hurts because my dick is so heavy.

Edit: Also, good luck A Concrete Divider.

Thank you friend

I survived surgery but for some reason have a knot on my chin like I got hit with a brick and it hurts like a bitch…maybe an old ex-girlfriend or the like is a nurse here and got a jab in while I was under? It’s hosed..

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt

A Concrete Divider posted:

Thank you friend

I survived surgery but for some reason have a knot on my chin like I got hit with a brick and it hurts like a bitch…maybe an old ex-girlfriend or the like is a nurse here and got a jab in while I was under? It’s hosed..

What sort of surgery? I saw some viral clip a while back of a orthopedic surgeon removing a metal rod from some dudes leg and they were straight up beating on it with a hammer. Maybe they did something similar and accidentally got you on the backswing or something?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Skulker posted:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

That Dang Lizard posted:

What sort of surgery? I saw some viral clip a while back of a orthopedic surgeon removing a metal rod from some dudes leg and they were straight up beating on it with a hammer. Maybe they did something similar and accidentally got you on the backswing or something?

Ankle surgery…going to call tomorrow and request footage of the surgery. Something happened and it was pretty drat hard force, that’s all I know. Unshaven at the moment so a picture will do no justice but as soon as I get home I’m shaving, taking pictures, and attempting to figure it out.

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 4, 2023

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Skulker posted:

Yeah.

I'm 50 and my back has been moderately hosed up since I was 18; but it's less hosed up now than it was thirty years ago. Can recommend doing deadlifts on a regular basis.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mid-forties and my right hip hurts most days, I feel like this should be something that happens in my mid-sixties.

Not old, not sedentary, and my body is a mystery (and a wonderland).

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
I just got diagnosed with arthritis, I got THE RHEUMATIZ in both my hands and I can safely say this aging poo poo blows

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I have stage IV arthritis in my right shoulder. Sucks rear end. Very crunchy.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Don't have arthritis (yet anyway), the worst -itis I've had so far is a few rounds of tendonitis. loving human shoulders, man, they're the worst.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Groke posted:

Yeah.

I'm 50 and my back has been moderately hosed up since I was 18; but it's less hosed up now than it was thirty years ago. Can recommend doing deadlifts on a regular basis.
hosed up my back in my twenties doing physical labor, got a very sedentary job afterwards, which made my back problems *way* worse, then got a job where I'm on my feet all day, not much heavy lifting, lots of bending/kneeling, and my back is the best it's ever been, which is to say, it still hurts when I sneeze.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Discharged from the hospital !

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

500excf type r posted:

Lol I did nothing so good on you for actually caring about your health. I didn't feel any other symptoms though so I figured it was just one of the trigger point pains I get constantly that just happened to be triggered by breathing hard. And I was right

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Ever since I broke my coccyx it aches when it rains. Is my rear end gonna ache until I die? wtf

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Skulker posted:

lol yeah

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

So right now I'm experiencing a dull pain every time I breathe in hard, at my back right between my shoulder blades. What does this mean? gently caress if I know but I'm blaming it on being old since that's what most random pain comes from. What do you do that causes pain that shouldn't? And how does it feel to be An Old

thats called rhomboid pain and means youve been sleeping in a bad position.
Im not going to tell you how to coutner and prevent as 10 minutes of youtubing will solve all that.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
In HS my friend and I were playing counterstrike. He kept complaining that it felt like a someone stabbed him between the ribs every time he breathed.
I told him to go to the hospital, but he wanted to game.
Turns out his lung collapsed.
He said the worst part of his experience was the nurse ripping out the catheter at the end of his hospital stay.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My lower back hurts all the time because I sit like poo poo and when I bend down to tie my shoelaces its a real effort

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Ever since I broke my coccyx it aches when it rains. Is my rear end gonna ache until I die? wtf

Same. It's been a year for mine. I have no doubt it will never heal. I carry one of these wherever I go. It's called a Kabooti. It allows me to sit down. I broke mine missing a step while carrying laundry downstairs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It’s been 3 years for me, I am your future!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I mean it got a lot better after the first year, now it just aches sometimes when it rains. I slipped on a staircase where one of the stairs was not as deep as all the other stairs, something that should be illegal.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

twit666 posted:

Same. It's been a year for mine. I have no doubt it will never heal. I carry one of these wherever I go. It's called a Kabooti. It allows me to sit down. I broke mine missing a step while carrying laundry downstairs.

Toe(s)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol I drunkenly rode my coccyx down the stairs after stumbling probably about 5 years ago and managed to only bruise it. I used that donut thing for like 2 months after and then it healed up no problem. Thankful I didn't break my rear end 🙏

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A gnat flew into my nasal cavity where it currently is residing. Rip gnat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Getting an autopsy rn ama