Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Offler posted:

My neighbor when I was a little kid died in the stupidest way possible shoveling snow. He had his own method for shoveling snow that was horribly labor intensive, but looked nicer when you were done or something - I have no idea how it worked but it somehow involved turning snow into cube shapes that had to be carried off. He had his first heart attack shoveling snow when I was about 5, so his adult sons started coming over to shovel snow for him. But just because his sons didn't follow his stupid cube shoveling system he started doing it himself again and had another heart attack that same winter. Then it all happened again the next winter, but this time he didn't survive.

I remember how dramatic it felt the first time the ambulance picked him up, and how the mood in my house had completely shifted to "stubborn idiot preferred a nice driveway to living" when he died a year later.

The Wisest Human Gene Ray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Lol at all these goons saying that shoveling snow causes heart attacks, and warning everyone in this thread about the dangers of turning off your monitor and getting physical exercise because it might cause your heart to explode

Well done, I never thought anyone would catch the hidden meaning in my post about a stubborn neighbor I once had. What looked like a mildly amusing anecdote about a stubborn guy was secretly about how exercise is bad the whole time, muahaha!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
The Spurt Locker

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's loving rude of him to try to force his way onto the in memoriam this close to the oscars. completely unprofessional

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

dude is rich as gently caress and he killt himself plowing snow. for shame.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Buce posted:

dude is rich as gently caress and he killt himself plowing snow. for shame.

He’s an everyman, clearly. With very, very knobbly fingers.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
one time i was working as a snow plow contractor. i was shoveling a sidewalk, like a bitch. i hear somebody blast off about 15 rounds from an AK about a 1/4 mile away. it snows in bagdad people

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

It sounded more like he was hit by a county snow plow. Whether or not he was in his car or walking or whatever wasn't made clear. While I can't say anything about his acting, apparently he was always showing up randomly at charity events and helping with stuff and only ever talked about himself/famous people poo poo if people recognized him and approached him.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If the plow didn't kill him, my fists will

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

TK8325 posted:

god the hurt locker was such a poo poo movie i cant believe it won the oscar for best picture

No disrespect to Kathryn Bigelow because she took an absolutely boring as cock screenplay about bomb disposal and made it look nice. Inglorious Basterds was the superior war movie nominee and should have won best picture that year.

THL would have been better if the bombs were those cartoony spherical bombs with the burning wick on it, and Jeremy Renner is running down the streets of Baghdad with it over his head in a mad dash panic with bulging eyes and steam coming out of his ears. Also, sticks of dynamite in his pants, and he’s spinning in circles trying to remove them in a Don Knotts-like panic.

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 2, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jeremy Renner had a snow plow drive into his rear end in a top hat. They got him on life support in the hospital parking garage, he looks like a human being in the shape of a snow plow now.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
u think he hosed the snowplow lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nooner posted:

u think he hosed the snowplow lol

The snow plow is asexual, if he did gently caress it, it was nonconsensual and he got what was coming to him

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
What's everyone's problem with the hurt locker? I thought it was pretty good and nailed the atmosphere and tension of the setting.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

mudskipp posted:

What's everyone's problem with the hurt locker? I thought it was pretty good and nailed the atmosphere and tension of the setting.

It's corny and what some people call "gay"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
th oinly hurt locker here is the one that imma shove you into

its gonna be hurt because it is sad it has to hold such a fat nerd

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I know I've seen the movie but I can only remember that he wanted to go home to be with his family or something and then he got home and was like syke son I'd rather get blown up by bombs than hang out with you

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Nooner posted:

th oinly hurt locker here is the one that imma shove you into

its gonna be hurt because it is sad it has to hold such a fat nerd

Nooner I like your upside down emoticons but I had to read this twice before I could follow it, sort your life out.

Also Jeremy Renner is with the snow angels now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

mudskipp posted:

Nooner I like your upside down emoticons but I had to read this twice before I could follow it, sort your life out.

Also Jeremy Renner is with the snow angels now.

You need to learn to mind your tongue

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I have killed lesser Fuckers for far less Gay posts...

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Freudian slippers posted:

I tried watching it a few years after it came out and legit, no joke had to stop and google it, because I thought I might have gotten it mixed up with the "real" movie and that this was supposed to be a parody or something. It really is one of the worst films I've (partly) seen.

E: Mayor of Kingstown is also completely poo poo.

E2: I kind of like Renner. Wind River was quite good. He's been in some stinkers, though.

He was good in The Town. His flat delivery works for the character.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Since he lacks the Infinity Stones, Thanos has decided to eliminate half the life forms in the galaxy by running them over with a snow plough.

What I’m saying is Chris Pratt needs to watch out.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Hawkeye don't even know what to say

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Jeremey that’s my name, that name again is Jeremy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Jeremey that’s my name, that name again is Jeremy

Jeremy Renner

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hit me up on the Jeremy Renner app....

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm sad

I thought he was great because he succeeded despite having NO chin. Seriously, can't imagine how many times he was told to get an implant but he finally made it as an actor without.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Spinz posted:

I'm sad

I thought he was great because he succeeded despite having NO chin. Seriously, can't imagine how many times he was told to get an implant but he finally made it as an actor without.

I thought someone like you would know better than to talk poo poo about J.Ren, turns out I was wrong and u are a piece of poo poo!!!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I thought someone like you would know better than to talk poo poo about J.Ren, turns out I was wrong and u are a piece of poo poo!!!

Just because you paid 3000 for your manly cleft chin doesn't mean everyone has to

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Spinz posted:

Just because you paid 3000 for your manly cleft chin doesn't mean everyone has to

I have a strong chin but no cleft to it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
its all

Jeremy DIDNT speak in class today (got killed by a snowplow instead)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Im sorry everyone. All day today I have been in tears, I just heard the news Jeremy Renner, he had got run over by a snow plow, they said it looked like San Andreas when you exit a car moving too fast. people said they saw the words WASTED appear 500 feet in the air above the site of his rear end whooping.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
You're not sorry. You're laughing wildly as you type out your sad floppy posts whilst Jeremy has tragicomic icicles chiseled off his nose in a hospital bed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jeremy Renner's ragdoll stretched across the skyline like A skyrim NPC

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
You know full well his mum posts here you prick

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Please tell me Mayor of Kingstown season 2 was done filming

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Lol at all these goons saying that shoveling snow causes heart attacks, and warning everyone in this thread about the dangers of turning off your monitor and getting physical exercise because it might cause your heart to explode

Lol at dying because you’re too fat to maintain your household, a brutal self-own

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Yes, though coincidentally, it ends with Jeremy Renner's character dying in a snow plow accident.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jeremy Renner thought the plow was his ex-wife and shot it in the plow part and the bullet ricocheted and hit him in the brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Hyrax Attack! posted:

He was good in The Town. His flat delivery works for the character.

Oh yeah, The Town is great and Renner absolutely did his part in making it great.