Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Some days you plow the snow, other days the snow plows you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Kernel Monsoon posted:

The road to hell is paved plowed with good intentions

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How does a parked snowplough run you over? Do these things slip and slide?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Some days you plow the snow, other days the snow plows you

It was actually the plow that snowed him.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Can I have his movie parts?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

unzin posted:

Can I have his movie parts?
Unless you’re a snowplough you’re not having any parts of his

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jeremy Renner: I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Vegetable posted:

Unless you’re a snowplough you’re not having any parts of his

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

The tragic incident happened after a new year storm left around 3ft of fresh snowfall on the ground, Washoe County Sheriff Darin Balaam said in a press conference.

A family member driving Renner's car had got stuck in the snow near his house, the sheriff said. Using his snow plough, Renner successfully towed the car free.

He then got out to talk to his relative, but the snow plough began to move while empty.

Renner was trying to get back into the driver's seat to stop it moving, when the "extremely large" piece of equipment ran him over, Mr Balaam said.

The PistenBully weighs at least 14,330lb, he said. The average weight of a car, according to the US Environmental Protection Agency, is 4,289lb.

"An eyewitness detailed seeing Mr Renner getting into the PistenBully and not seeing him again until the PistenBully came to a rest in a pile of snow in front of his driveway," Mr Balaam said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64159046

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm-KZ1YPJe7/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

whats this from

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
has anyone said "the squirt locker" yet?

because, the squirt knockers

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
man has toe thumbs

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Oh my god. I was imagining a small truck with a little snow plough attachment. The treads on that loving thing are insane. How did he survive?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

His hair looks really good

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh my god. I was imagining a small truck with a little snow plough attachment. The treads on that loving thing are insane. How did he survive?

It wasn't under power and the large surface area spreads out the weight

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Milo and POTUS posted:

whats this from

Atlanta. Watch it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

500excf type r posted:

It wasn't under power and the large surface area spreads out the weight

Even spread out, it's still a lot of weight.

quote:

Renner was run over by his own snow plough, which weighs at least 14,330lb (6,500kg) - three times as heavy as a car - the local sheriff said.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Lolie posted:

Even spread out, it's still a lot of weight.

Ya each track is spreading out 7k lbs across it's area, at 12"x120" of area per track that's like 5psi of pressure

Edit: the tracks have a footprint of about 4000 square inches each from what I can tell which puts it about 2psi

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 4, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

500excf type r posted:

Ya each track is spreading out 7k lbs across it's area, at 12"x120" of area per track that's like 5psi of pressure

Is that math assuming that each track is flat and not sharply ridged like they are? These things look like they'd slice a human body up like ham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFkXFrtUAU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Is that math assuming that each track is flat and not sharply ridged like they are? These things look like they'd slice a human body up like ham.

Not the finely sculpted body of an MCU star

naem
May 29, 2011

do we not like jeremy renner for some reason

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
everything i do i do for the good of the people of new jersey

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFkXFrtUAU

There's a lot of assumptions involved with the terrain and snowpack but those two factors are the most important as to why he isnt ground meat

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

naem posted:

do we not like jeremy renner for some reason

He was good in one good movie and then hollywood tried to push him as the next big action star when he wasn't that good, so people got tired of him being in lots of things.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Who cares about this clown, Ken Block loving died

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Why is the door positioned directly above the leg mulching apparatus? Now I know why the manufacturer was so defensive about their automated safety features that make it impossible for it to run with nobody in the cab. You have no safe way of getting back in there lol

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Lister posted:

He was good in one good movie and then hollywood tried to push him as the next big action star when he wasn't that good, so people got tired of him being in lots of things.

He was pretty good in arrival, but maybe that too enlightening to his personage

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
That is really poor design.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
'snowplow' lol this is like the equivalent of buying like an road grader because you own a gravel driveway. no wonder he hurt himself look at the interior of that thing it's like a loving space ship and there's only F / N / R

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm not gonna blame him too hard for that, it looks fun as hell when you aren't getting crushed under your own vehicle.

Honestly I think Jeremy Renner is at worst neutral and the app thing is more funny and cool than anything.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I can't tell if this is a good guy and I should be praying, or if it's a bad guy and I should be celebrating. Usually these threads do a good job of telling me how to feel about a thing. Not today.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
renner is a tool but just lol @ acting like you wouldnt own a bunch of fun toys like that if you were rich

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Flubby posted:

I can't tell if this is a good guy and I should be praying, or if it's a bad guy and I should be celebrating. Usually these threads do a good job of telling me how to feel about a thing. Not today.
Jeremy renner has a similar effect on people

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i heard his blood pressure got really high so they actually had to graft on a second penis and balls to relieve some of it

this is actually what happens in traumas, the machine they use is nuts... literally. it just pumps you full of bags of blood and staples dicks on to hold all the extra blood. it's very hard on the body.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Flubby posted:

Vote with ur heart

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
How the gently caress do you "jump into" that thing when its moving you think he tried to jump on the back and ride the tread to the door like loving indiana jones

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i think its perfectly valid to abstain from choosing between team Pro-Renner and Anti-Renner, its just not a conflict you need to involve yourself in unless you're really invested. The internet has really incentivised everyone into having the hottest take that they can come up with but sometimes you just gotta let Renner be Renner.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

got that hospital grade pomade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m guessing he had his hair done pre-plough and they just hadn’t showered him yet because they don’t wanna get water into the holes of where his legs used to be