Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Does he still have his own app / forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

B-Rock452 posted:

From what has been released it seems like it was massive trauma to lower extremities that was addressed with tourniquet usage (everyone should know how to use one imo) and since he got to a trauma center alive I would say he has a fairly good chance for survival. Probably mulched his leg up pretty bad but as long as you don't bleed out it isn't a fatal injury. The cold definitely helped him as well, remember if someone is down in the cold they aren't officially dead until they are warm and dead. Obviously if injuries are not compatible with life that doesn't apply but cold is great for keeping you alive

Sounds like some poo poo you would learn from the national academy of emergency medical dispatch

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

Wilderness EMT certified and an instructor now

I'm just joshing with you, those are almost verbatim EMD phrases owned by the national academy of whatever they call themselves

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Das Boo posted:

I fought the plow and the
PLOW WON.

(Breaking bones making a ski run,)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

His future comic book movie appearances will be credited to Jeremy Rendered

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Kernel Monsoon posted:

The road to hell is paved plowed with good intentions

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh my god. I was imagining a small truck with a little snow plough attachment. The treads on that loving thing are insane. How did he survive?

It wasn't under power and the large surface area spreads out the weight

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Lolie posted:

Even spread out, it's still a lot of weight.

Ya each track is spreading out 7k lbs across it's area, at 12"x120" of area per track that's like 5psi of pressure

Edit: the tracks have a footprint of about 4000 square inches each from what I can tell which puts it about 2psi

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 4, 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is that math assuming that each track is flat and not sharply ridged like they are? These things look like they'd slice a human body up like ham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFkXFrtUAU

There's a lot of assumptions involved with the terrain and snowpack but those two factors are the most important as to why he isnt ground meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

the unabomber was right again, this never would’ve happened before the industrial revolution

My favorite Ted talk