Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

VitalSigns posted:

It's pretty funny to see all these business Republicans freaking out that some of their members have strong enough beliefs to wield the power they have to advance the agendas they promised to support at election time, instead of just following orders from a political establishment that opposes what they want. Ramirez if you wanted to be part of a careerist business party that dumpsters its promises immediately upon getting access to the political patronage networks and machine support, should have been a Democrat!

Also it's sad because the principles these hardliner right-wing guys are sticking to are evil :(

The problem the republicans are having right now is something they created themselves. They spent 50+ years radicalizing their base with idiotic and often conflicting conspiracy theories none of the establishment actually believed like "Democrats Are Evil Satanic Worshiping Jewish Nazi Baby Eating Pedophiles And The Mainstream Press Is In On It!" because it reliably locked in their votes. Only now people in the conservative base who have grown up being constantly exposed to that bullshit from the conservative media silo are old enough and prominent enough to actually get elected themselves. Which means now the establishment is faced with a bunch of actual true believers who are every bit as uncontrollable as the radicalized base they spawn from and the whole thing is spiraling out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Also why would the devil even want Kevin McCarthy's soul? You'd think they would want a soul that is less full of poo poo.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Guavanaut posted:

Can't believe I have to cook over this giant unshielded lump of Strontium-90. Thanks Obama.

Yes, I vote we distribute warm glowing rocks to all the people who are upset their gas stoves will be taken away as compensation.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

lol conservatives still totally shoot even if theres a baby on board

Remember; pro-life but only up to the first breath. After the first breath they are just another useless welfare queen/drag on society that shouldn't get any handouts from *mAh TaX dOlLaRs* at best, or target practice at worst.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
They do know sabertooths went extinct at about the same time humans showed up right? Like there is significant probable cause that they went extinct because of competition/hunting from humans. So basically if we follow through on the logic, liberals should win this gun control fight by hunting conservatives to extinction. Would that constitute a good comic?

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Isn't the bulk of California's electric problems the result of basically privatizing the utility? Funny how conservatives blame everything on "green policies" when it was the "free market" that hosed up by having the natural monopoly electric utility funnel all their cash into dividends for shareholders instead of building or maintaining the grid.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Brawnfire posted:

Did this happen...? I don't think that happened...
You have to remember that to the conservative base even Joe Manchin is a "radical extremist".

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Stultus Maximus posted:

I am really, really looking forward to the Dilbert edits
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1628842441913540610
Just spotted this article on CNN:
Hundreds of newspapers drop ‘Dilbert’ comic strip after racist tirade from creator Scott Adams

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Tindalos posted:

Kelly Nomination: Answers own question.

I mean, I'm not wrong here am I? There is a big difference between protecting yourself and actively trying to stop a shooter? (I guess not in the minds of some people.)

You are not wrong, I was thinking the same thing: They were using them to kill one specific person.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

InsertPotPun posted:

hey real quick can someone pull up a few "pelosi will start ww3 by meeting with taiwan" comics?
i want to compare and contrast that reaction with mccarthy meeting with taiwan despite china threats.
by which i mean no reactions.

Yes, because even conservative political cartoonists know McCarthy has no spine.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Microplastics posted:

Because the 20 million is going to something they don't like and not the thing they do like, which is a dozen tomahawk missiles
The bill the house passed didn't touch the Pentagon budget so they can keep buying tomahawks at the same inflated $2 million a piece price (of which like $1.99 million goes into some fat arms dealer corporate pocket because we all know the BoM is probably in the low thousands at most).

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

The Islamic Shock posted:

Someone please make the guy brown and give both of them anvils tia

Give Trump an anchor instead of an anvil, symbolism being instead of biden with "thing that doesn't float" we have trump with "thing that is explicitly meant to sink".

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

SCF posted:

There has to be a better Korner Kelly pun, but it's the best I could come up with.

I don't see anyone topping this in the Best Edit/Parody category, this is it, this is the one that wins the thread this year.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

What is it with conservatives and thinking if we just build oil pipelines they will somehow magically make up for there being less oil on the global market? The only people that benefit are the pipeline operators because moving oil with a pipeline is cheaper than doing it with trucks or rail, but it has zero impact on the price of the fuel to the end consumer or the price of crude on the global market.

Like the keystone XL pipeline would not prevent Saudi Arabia and/or OPEC from increasing the price of oil to as high as they can get away with, it would just make the people who operate the keystone XL pipeline be able to skim more profit off the top, that is the whole point, that was always the point. Cost savings to the consumers was never part of the calculus and never will be in a pipeline project. Next time someone suggests building a pipeline would fix gasoline prices you should demand they show you the loving math about it.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Skeleton Mom posted:

i know this is well-trodden ground by now but imagine telling someone 30 or 40 years ago that donald trump is being portrayed as a messianic figure by hardcore christian conservatives. just one of the stupidest things that has ever happened in history

Don't worry, there is always more and it is always stupider.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

the_steve posted:

Every student loan cartoon is dependent on refusing to realize that "working a landscaping job over the course of one summer" is no longer sufficient to pay for 4 years tuition AND your bar exam (to use my uncle as an example)

My aunt was complaining the same way "I waited tables to pay my own way through college!". I didn't say anything but I was pretty frustrated by it. The average college tuition in the US for a 4 year is just over $100,000, if you start doing the math with what someone makes "waiting tables" these days, that weird infinity symbol starts showing up for some strange reason.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
This shouldn't be that hard, I'm sure there is a long line of people in or around this thread that wouldn't mind helping cave in Stantis's face.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Alhazred posted:

Elemental has also begun to make profit. Right now it's Disney's most successful animated movie since Frozen 2.

I'm going to guess Ben doesn't know how Hollywood Accounting works, every movie loses money because they almost always pay all the profit to the "{movie name here} production company" and count it as a loss in a blatantly cooking the books way so they don't have to pay anyone else their due from the profit or residuals.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
If this was a Ben Garrison cartoon you know what would happen.

I'm surprised Payne doesn't hate formula 1 because they are hybrid power trains now.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I read the whole strip of comics and I agree AI putting artists out of business is a problem. One issue I have is the comic kind of operates on this assumption that art is only valuable if you can make money off of it, which is already horrible capitalistic brain rot.

As for doing away with automation, I'm a CNC operator. I set up a machine to do most of my work for me, automation is a huge part of my job. Will machines eventually get to the point where I don't even have to do that? Probably. Does that mean we shouldn't continue to automate? Hell no. It just means we need to seriously think and plan for when that does happen, and given the current pace of AI and the industry I think it will happen sooner than many people think. But I mean, the old saying about an automated factory going bust because nobody could afford to buy its product does still apply.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Discendo Vox posted:

Jesus christ.

I tried to select some choice examples, but it wound up being half the program.

:lol: I wonder how much of the Venn diagram of this group crosses over with the Flat Earth Society and moon landing deniers. I suspect it is significant.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Because it isn't there to document how we murder and exploit the local population while stealing their land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich