Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Page two and we already have a dumb derail. Welcome back, Politoon thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Michael Ramirez

Marshall Ramsey

Please give me more Republican tears about how Republican obstruction and radicalization is hurting the Republican agenda. It's like watching the worst person you know hitting themselves in the dick. Repeatedly.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Who's really pulling the strings? by Luo Jie

I get that China Daily's whole thing is that the U.S. is the great enemy keeping noble China from benevolently ruling the world, but come on. 'America talks about the importance of a free press because America is puppeting America, to serve evil American Imperialist interests.' It's literally 'Free Speech is bad, actually' written in bold.

You could improve this by using stand-ins for Taiwan, South Korea and Japan, at least making the point that U.S. interest in those counties is just puppeteering them against their true ally, but this is just lazy as well as being bad.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Biden's crime was in withdrawing from Afghanistan, not in going there.

Obviously 'covid origin' is another issue that GOP will be able to use against Biden.

Biden left because of a settlement negotiated by Trump and Pompeo that released thousands of Taliban fighters for 'we promise not to shoot you, for realsies' that they broke as soon as it was convenient for them.

And the whole 'COVID Origin' thing is going back to demonizing Fauci for the gall to tell people to take basic health safety precautions. Because he was the one supporting Gain of Function research at the Chinese Biolab where it was made, after all.

Every one of the 'issues' the GOP wants to use on the dems are fake and inflated, ultimately harmless.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

So, Democrats hold hearings on actual issues while the GOP wastes time. A truthful cartoon.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

This isn't even a joke. It's just a character turning to the camera and going "YES. THE CHRISTIAN GOD IS REAL."

I could remember when God was considered half joke, half malevolent force that only the most unlikable and gullible of people (Seymour) ever listened to.

Now Monique is taking that position and God is totally cool and awesome and we need him more than ever. I expect Kevin Sorbo and the Newsboys to enter the strip at any time now (yes that was a God's Not Dead reference and that's the level of quality we have reached) with no irony.

:patriot: Thank you for your service, Space Cadet Omoly. Hope your 2023 is happier and much less sin-fest-full.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Nenonen posted:

It's just some gizmo™️. I'm more intrigued by that game, apparently it's a 2D side scroller shooting game where your character's upper body takes up 20% of the screen and you have a scoped rifle but can't see what you are aiming at. Those are the best games.

He's actually playing an FPS but that's his squadmate using the MightyPen Sniper Rifle. In a game like this it's a lot better than your melee options, even surpassing the sword's DPS.

Mordaedil posted:

This is so weird as a viewpoint, from a Norwegian stance at least. It's not like Democrats all agree on every point, even here there's like 12 different flavors of parties competing. Saying "well, it wouldn't be democratic if it was only the Democratic Party" is actually insane to me. American options are basically infighting or accepting fascism.

It's good to remember that Rall is a contrarian, and a shill. He can never accept good things happening even when the alternative is far, far worse. So he has to weasel into these positions to look smart and authoritative. He just looks like a dumb rear end in a top hat.

Adding to what you pointed out, as we saw with the recent speaker vote, even the Repubs aren't 'one party' anymore. They start as neo-con right and dive headlong into christofascism and violent conspiracists. Saying that one party with a dozen different viewpoints has a slight majority compared to another party with a dozen different viewpoints is somehow 'one party rule' is absurd even without any sort of context or nuance, which Rall couldn't communicate to save his next check from Moscow.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 9, 2023

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Once I have some time, I'll post up the Pettyfest collections. Just the Pettyfest. Let you decide what the lovely parts were.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And if Newsom and the state legislature proposed top build the sort of infrastructure needed to capture as much rainwater as possible, you'd bitch and bitch about the DEBT that spending would cause. gently caress off, Mike.

This is a perfect example of the bullshit two-step even the "sane" Republicans do:
1) Point out a problem, real or imagined, and act all "woe is me" about it.
2) Refuse to support any sane solution because fixing the issue isn't the point.

I mean we all know this routine, it's just nice to see it so succinctly illustrated.

Because if he sucks up enough to rich people, he can make enough of a living to insulate himself from the consequence.

They don't want to fix any problems because that would undercut their argument that government is vile poison and that free markets are the only solution to every crisis.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

People who have made their entire career around blind allegiance to a brand of identity politics are now asleep at the wheel of government, leading us to complete disaster. A decent Bennett.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Literally the opposite of reality. I know that's Branco's whole thing, but drat do I hate seeing these clowns.

Honestly? Investigate them both. Establish the chain of custody and see where the information could have gone. Find out what the scale of damage coild have been, equally. Spillage should be a legit concern, but you will never hear it from these chucklefucks.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

It's beautiful.