Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
-

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Joe Biden has never gone on record saying he doesn't eat babies. Perhaps because he is too busy eating babies!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Branco just loves Postal games. No regerts.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The Islamic Shock posted:

Edit: how come no Presidential administration thought to whip up a dark-money propaganda campaign correctly explaining he can't do poo poo to the economy in a term where everything sucked at the end of it?

Probably because it's a total non-starter compared to the other guy promising to fix everything if you vote out the buffoon who ruined everything. Even if it's right and all, even if it was perfectly on target and educational. Something something an entire lifetime of jokes about trusting in the inherent goodness and intelligence of the common man, something something Futurama/Simpsons jokes.

I'd also assume that like education about unions all the competing interests are producing dark-money propaganda arguing the opposite.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

It never feels good to empty your savings even if they do exactly what you saved for. :v:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

It's drat clear what the comic is saying and it's not this. I'll be sure to put even more qualifiers and acknowledgements before my statement next time.

I know a lot of these comics are dogwhistles for vile hate but a lot are also just as banal as they look, imo. "College sure is expensive." He really needs a pink/blue-haired professor with fangs in the frame to say more than that(you know, for the vile jackasses), or maybe I don't recognize the leanings of this particular artist who isn't in the rogues gallery of thread greats.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

You can tell propaganda is working when I keep thinking that John Fetterman seems like a cool chill dude riling up the angry, bitter old dean of DC University. Keep it up cartoonists!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Googles "Most Popular Dragonball Z Villains."

Reaches past Frieza and Cell to select Vegeta and Piccolo. Two of the most famous reformed rivals in the entire genre if not the entire medium. No further research necessary.

I... I meant to do that. I'm not owned, I'm not owned!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I need the dumbest take you've got.

No, that's too dumb.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Randalor posted:

How many generations does a family have to be born jn a country before they're considered "natural"? I mean, I know it doesn't matter to the man named "'Tatsuya Ishida" who has strong opinions on non-Americans entering the US, but Piccolo is a 2nd/3rd generation Earthling (I don't know if you start counting generations from the person who arrived in a new country, or their child). I mean, Piccolo was birthed by King Piccolo, who was created from a previous Namekian on Earth, so that's 2-3 generations of Namekians on Earth.

Also that is a pretty cute xenomorph baby.

Hell, King Piccolo was split from Kami. How does Tatsuya live knowing that the divinity that watches over humanity is a refugee?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

It's a common conservative "gotcha" that the writers strike is a nothingburger because modern pop culture sucks so much because of the woke writers and that AI would be a vast improvement if you're Mad About Star Wars as a youtube career.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

What I find most bizarre about Tatsuya is his work ethic.

To go so insane but to update continuously without ever lapsing on effort in his art for 20+ years is an amusing and well deserved curse. You'd think he could sit down and tell a few stories that aren't screaming at internet clouds. He has this steady drive but he can only use it to piss into the 4chan ocean. He gets the occasional artist note in professional comics page, one I could google and one I saw in this thread, maybe he has a pen name, but it seems more his style to "preach truth" and die in a box apartment on the $200 a month he has on subscribe star. Maybe he banked and invested some cash back when Sinfest was popular enough to sell collected volumes.

Tragic, but also pretty funny.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I need a hundred cartoons of Biden as the Crypt Keeper by the end of the month. Also 20 renditions of Frankensteins Monster labeled debt, inflation, etc.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Most genuinely embarrassing strip I've ever seen, Prickly City. :allears:

A US President. MLK Jr. A rocket scientist. An activist and survivor.

A guy too lazy to learn to draw an arm in 30 years.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Always amazed how little faith Ramirez has in his craft as portrayed by his labeling. That freakin' GOP.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Microplastics posted:

*while drawing a car* "wait... do cars have wheels? eh whatever"

*drawing a gun* "perhaps I could look up a photo of a pistol. ... nah."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

They were. It's a common "own" by conservatives that comes up whenever liberals suggest that islamophobia may be bad. "Ah, you idiot, you defend people who would kill you for your other beliefs, you are thiiiiiis dumb, lmao."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

If we accelerate our use of coal we can cover the planet in a black veil to stop the harmful sunlight from getting in.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The man on the right is a fool, or a "turkey", despite not being a bird!

He also pulled the "It's only a Banana, how much could it cost, $10?" thing.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'm impressed by the instant filter the Kissinger cartoons provide for determining how much of a dumb jackass the artist is.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for the write up. It really does suck and would fit right into this thread as Dustin is almost entirely about how much Kelley hates young people but not enough to do so competently or consistently. It's just a random line of burns against a strawman he shits out daily.

Particularly stupid is the Christmas Past strip since Dustin is well-socialized. The entire strip tries to portray Dustin as rightfully getting what he deserves because haw haw, stupid lazy millennial, but it's also disgustingly mean-spirited. The Eternal Loser is a classic for comedy but this is a strip where Dustin will greet somebody and they'll immediately call him a stupid loser to his face. Everybody in this world can smell the "loser" on Dustin, a 20 something college graduate.

What really makes it political is occasionally Kelley will sneak in what he thinks a proper man is like, usually a 7 foot tall triangle torso'd guy three times as wide as Dustin is. Dustin wants to stay syndicated in newspapers as a normal comic strip so he always tip toes around just spewing "this is you, leftie losers, get a job."

Then there's his dad Ed, who is always a painfully thin self-insert of how Kelley saw something so wacky and god drat stupid these days to lance with his wit(coffee cups be having stupid names for their sizes! retail employees be not giving me as much respect as I want!) but is also a deeply selfish rear end in a top hat. You may be noticing a trend here with how Kelley thinks... oh well, I'm sure in real life he's a hard working sensible everyman built like a 6'4" steel-jawed conservative hero, unlike the loser beta men of today. :v:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 16, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is this a generic “the world today just crazy!” or a generic “political correctness gone mad!”?

Given the buildings and how much Prickly City sucks I wager it's "hahahaha those palestiniansdesert hamsters sure are wacky warmongers."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Good elephant and avatar material. :2bong:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Technowolf posted:

Ruben Bolling

This thread is usually a wretched hive of scum and villainy so I am grateful for the genuine laughter here to finish the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Am I to try to imagine the cutting insight of "Trump bad but Biden ALSO bad" myself?! Uncle Sam, a look of resigned frustration upon his face as he studies the ballot, wit as razor sharp as drawing a Terminator with AI emblazoned upon it! Why, perhaps it could be suggested that the steady hand of cold robotic logic would outpace the folly of man! Those clowns, holed up in Congress, why they're certainly a bunch of clowns!